45

Sienna Reynolds-Ashman

"I am here to address a situation that transpired between Mrs. Ashman and a former colleague of yours and I say former because her contract had to be terminated, effective immediately." I sat down in a corner of the large conference room as he stood on the small podium at the front of the room. "So if you wish for your fate to be different from that person, I suggest you listen and listen carefully."

He looked out into the crowd and scanned the faces of everyone present in the room. I hated confrontation and I begged him not to call this meeting but I shouldn't have expected any less because he did not play about me but still, these people would only hate me more than they already did.

"Mi nah guh pretty up nthn, mi aguh talk tuh unnu suh unnu can understand an everybody know seh mi is a very reasonable man but my wife is where I draw the line." He walked to one end of the podium and back before he continued speaking. "Mi cyaan stop unnu from talk cause everybody entitled tuh dem opinion but keep unnu opinion dem tuh unnu self or inna unnu group dem cause di moment unnu disrespect Sienna is wen all hell aguh break loose."

People were murmuring and mumbling and I could feel all the eyes on me but I was looking away, even if mi neck stiff up wen mi done, mi nah gi dem di satisfaction of killing me wid dem bad eye.

"Unless it is business related, you do not address her and this will be my only warning." He checked his watch before looking back up. "Do I make myself clear?"  When he was satisfied with the answers he clapped his hands together and smiled. "Now that we're all on the same page, let's have a good rest our day shall we?"

He walked off the podium and made his way over to me. He helped me up and pushed my hair back from my face. "My head hurts."

"I'm sending you home and having Tara fill in for you."

"No, I just need to lay my head on my desk for a while and I'll be fine."

"It's settled, you're going home."

"I promise you that I'm fine."

"It's not up for discussion, you're going home and that's final." I didn't want to become redundant. I didn't want to be a stay at home wife or mother but with the way this baby was kicking my ass, it seemed like that's where I was headed. "I know you want to work but I'd rather to have you at home and off your feet."

"Babe, please?"

"I could never repay you for carrying our son but I can make sure that you're not overworking yourself even if you hate me for it." I knew he was just looking out for me and I appreciated that.

"Okay."

"I'll let you keep working but I'm sending you home for right now."

"Thank you."

"I got you. Let's go." He walked off and I started trailing behind him seeing as the room mostly empty now and there weren't many eyes watching my every move now.

Going home didn't seem so bad knowing that these people hated the very ground I walked on.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

A notification popped up on my screen and it was a WhatsApp message from Iana. I pulled the screen down and clicked on her message.

 I pulled the screen down and clicked on her message