I was in the living room with Adajah watching a movie but Kareem wasn't home and he had given me permission to come by whenever I wanted to whether he was home or not

I had taken a liking to Adajah and I could tell that she appreciated having me around. I had also been ditching my friends to hang out with her but they wouldn't miss me seeing as they were always in their own little bubble nowadays and I didn't want to be a third wheel so I was giving them their space. They would come around when they were ready and I would be here so it wasn't a big deal.

"Weh yuh eat pan ur pizza?" She asked snapping me out of my thoughts and I saw her with her phone in her hand.

"I usually just do cheese, nuh really fussy like that."

"Just aguh get a large cheese cause a dat alone Reem eat to an him supposed to soon come back." I was learning alot of little things about him through her, things that probably seemed trivial to him but were good to know nonetheless. "Aguh get pepperoni for myself and get some wings too so we can share."

"That's fine."

"Anything else?"

"Is there any way to get a slice of cake?" I was feeling for a piece of cake, cheesecake to be exact but where to get it?

"Aguh text Kareem an ask him fi get it fi yuh."

"I don't want to take him out of his way."

"He wants you to take him out of his way, trust me. Don't worry about it." She ordered our food before she turned back to me with a smile. "Cheesecake coming right up."

"Him aguh buy it?"

"Duh." I went to reply to her when we heard the front door being opened and we both looked at each other. "Reem couldn't reach home suh fast."

"Yah expect somebody?"

"No friends remember an auntie nuh guh out past 8pm suh anuh she."

"Left my gun in the car, shit." Yes, I was a licensed firearm holder and had been right after I turned eighteen.

"Wait, suh is a gun gyal Reem pick up, mi love dat." I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my lips because this girl was just pure dramatics. "Mi nuh seh nthn wrong."

"Around the corner." She got up and I followed her into a little nook that was in the living room. "Shhh."

"Babe, I'm here." Babe? This man better not be playing in my face because if he was, it would hurt like hell. "Why him keep on leaving the TV on." She walked around the sofa to pick up the remote to turn off the TV and I realized that it was the girl from work, Keelee.

"Keelee?" Adajah asked walking out of our hiding spot and I followed suit. "Why yuh deh yah an yuh couldn't knock or ring di doorbell?"

"Mi ave a key suh why mi need fi knock?"