I looked at her to see worry in her eyes as she looked at me

I looked at her to see worry in her eyes as she looked at me. I was waiting for her to say what she had pulled me aside to talk about but she kept looking around with a worried look on her face.

"Emma?"

"Sorry."

"Are you good?"

"Niko asked me to answer his phone while he was bathing earlier and there was someone on the other line who said they had a message for him."

"What was the message?"

"The person said that they wanted him to know that you and Kareem were in a relationship." My heart sank to my belly bottom and my palms got sweaty.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm pregnant Sienna, not deaf."

"I didn't mean it like that."

"I know but the fact still remains that someone knows something and even if they don't have picture proof, telling him that will result in him looking into it. We all know what he will find if he digs deep enough because no matter how careful we think we might be, there is sometimes a minor detail that we miss."

"Mi hate dis so much."

"I know Lila but mi ask yuh fi just be careful, please?" She took my hand and gave it a squeeze. "I lied and told him that it was a wrong number and I blocked the number but I am still puzzled about how the person got his number."

"And you don't know the number?"

"No but only someone close to him would know that number so whoever it is, is someone we know. I don't get what they are trying to gain by exposing your relationship to Niko." I looked around at everyone that was in our group and I had only met most of them in passing save my immediate circle so who could it be that was so adamant on having Niko try to kill Kareem because that's where it would lead.

"I'm wondering if it is really worth it."

"I will not tell you to leave your man because you're human too and you deserve to find your love or be with your love if that is what Kareem is so all I can tell you is to be careful and I will keep my eyes out for you."

"Thank you."

"I got you my baby."
••••••••••

The devil seemed like he was working overtime today because tell me why I was staring at pictures of myself and Kareem, hugging and kissing. Pictures that were taken from inside his house and the last time I checked, he didn't have cameras inside his house so somebody was watching him, watching us.

"Yuh sure somebody nuh doctor dem picture deh?"

"The pictures are real Angel."

"Yuh tell yuh man?" Before I could answer, a message popped up from the same number and I opened the message.