efforts

A/N: this is a Harry Potter reference fic. I apologize if anything goes wrong cuz it's been ages since I've watched Harry Potter. Forgive me my Loves.

summary: kartik and naira in hogwarts

******

"hey hot stuff wanna go to a date with me?" naira addams, a slytherin pureblood, tried to ask a gryffindor muggle-blood, kartik james.

since the first year naira had a liking towards kartik. the slytherins had tried to get them both together but whenever naira asked him out he used to refuse with a polite smile.

kartik's heart has been broken twice, once a hufflepuff girl asked him out. she told him to wait outside her room but he heard her telling her friends, that she only asked him to get kartik in her bed.

the second time a slytherin girl asked him but never showed up. naira never gave up. they were now in the seventh year which also happened to be their final year. naira still never felt bad, well maybe sometimes but she had a hope that one day he'd be ready to be with her. why? well to a simple question there is a simple answer.

naira was secretly in love with him.

other always thought it was just a stupid bet, except naira's friends: naksh, sam and rhea.

"i'm never going to date you addams." kartik said clutching his books to his chest. he stood up to leave for the potions he had with slytherin- naira. "when you're gonna realise that no matter what my answer is always gonna be 'no'." he then walked away.

sam came towards her and kept his hand on her shoulder, "don't take too much stress. he'll soon realise and will see you efforts. now come we have a class." he winked.

they had their class as usual and even got points for slytherin as naira with her close-friend naksh scored in the portion class they had.

it was the lunch time when everyone gathered in the hall, very tired from the whole day. naira went to the gryffindor table. she fixed her dress and banged the wood beneath.

"kartik james, would you make me the happiest person alive and be my boyfriend?" Naira asked with a glint of hope in her eyes. naksh was grinning widely and keerti her ravenclaw girlfriend was wide-eyed at her sudden confession.

"yes, yes i'll be your boyfriend." kartik said, putting his spoon down.

her eyes widened. she couldn't believe her ears. he was ready to be with her?

"now would you sit down or just be gaping like a gold fish?" kartik said.

still in shock naira was about to sit when a voice called her.

"ms. naira, hey!" shubham henderson, a first year gyrffindor shouted. since naira met him, she decided to take him under her wing.

"hey love, how was your day? do i need to beat that hufflepuff guy?" she ruffled his hairs.

"no ms. naira, you don't need to beat anyone. and hey is that kartik james whom you had a crush on since fi-" naira stopped him from speaking by keeping her hand on his mouth.

"that's it henderson. eat now."

naira quietly sat beside kartik. she still couldn't believe that kartik agreed to be with her. after the dinner ended they all were retiring to their beds, when naira called kartik from behind.

"hey! kartik." he stopped and waited for her to come.

"what?" he said with a blank expression.

"um, i was asking if, um.. we could go out to the lake nearby. like a picnic?" she asked with hope in her eyes.