military romance

summary: naira is an army officer, kartik is a well-known writer. after 2 years Naira comes back from army.

*****

"kartik, it's gonna be fine, alright?" keerti, Kartik's sister tries to calm him.

they were waiting at the airport for naira to arrive. her flight was to land at 4:00 PM, it was currently 3:50 PM.

"yeah, i'm trying. i'm so fucking nervous right now. i'll be seeing her after 2 damn years. that's a long time kritz." he chewed on his lower lip.

"bro, it's gonna be fine. you have been dating since 7 years. everythings gonna be fine, trust me." she smiled.

"wahi toh nhi kar sakta tujhe pr." he joked. she slapped the back of his head.

"oww, pagal!" he rubbed the place where she slapped him.

the announcement started that the flight arriving at 4 PM has arrived. checking would start shortly.

both Keerti and kartik looked at each other and tried not to cry. people started coming. a crowd full of army people walked towards them.

kartik spotted a beautiful girl in the crowd carrying her bag on her back. hairs opened and moved to one side.

there he saw the love of his life, his jaan, his sherni , his Naira. as soon as Naira spotted kartik her hazel brown eyes shone. she was smiling like a fool.

she ran towards him dropped her bags and jump in his arms and hugged him tightly. she let some tears fall but didn't even cared to wipe them.

"i missed you so much." kartik whispered as he sobbed.

"i missed you too." Naira sniffled.

after shedding a few more tears , kartik placed her on the ground. Naira turned and saw Keerti in tears. naira went towards her and hugged her tightly.

"i missed you so much di." naira sobbed.

"i missed you baccha , how are you?" keerti sniffled and wiped her tears.

"mai badiya , aap btao. aap kaise ho?" naira asked.

"sab badiya hai. bas jab tumne surprise kiya tha kartik ko , toh humne socha hum surprise krte hai sabko ghar par." keerti giggled.

naira gasped , "haww , aapne kisi ko nhi btaya mai aa rhi hu??" naira turned towards kartik and he nodded giggling.

"chlo phir , surprise krte hai sabko." naira picked up her bag. kartik and Naira had their hands tangled with each other's. the reached their car and Naira was surprised that they had bought her favourite car.

"ROCKET !!!! AH , how much i missed driving you , love." she spread her arms over the windows of her blue fortuner.

"babe , give me the keys , i'll drive." naira forwarded her hand and he placed the keys in her palm.

they all entered the car. keerti sat in the back seat scrolling through her phone while kartik was on the passenger seat and Naira drove.

on their way back , naira stopped at a toy store to buy some toys for her nephew , Vansh which her sister Gayu with her husband Krishna had a year back. since she wasn't able to attend the function and wasn't even able to support her during her pregnancy , she decided to compensate by buying some toys for him.

half an hour later , when the exited the store Naira wanted to buy some gifts for the family members too.

she bought Keerti her favourite perfume. she got naitik a rolex watch and his favourite sugar free sweets. for the grandmas of the singhaniya house , she brought some pendants which were light-weight. and for Naksh , she got a bugs bunny blanket because he liked it so much.