how can you?

summary: what if instead of keerti , naira's child was given to keerti.

timeline: during kaira's first pregnancy track.

****

when kartik and naira got into an accident , they were taken to the hospital by the people there. thankfully naksh and keerti were safe and they reached home safely.

the goenkas were at the singhaniyas. when they saw naksh and keerti they were relieved. swarna was the one to notice the absence of naira and kartik.

"keerti , naksh. where are kartik and naira? weren't they supposed to come today?" swarms asked.

they had no answer. before naksh could speak , his phone rang. his expressions were quick to change.

"maa , they got into an accident." his voice trembled.

"what?!" manish shouted.

"keerti please stay here with chachi. it's not safe." naksh pleaded and at last keerti had to agree.

they all sat in the car and went to the hospital. when they reached there they were greeted by the doctor.

"doctor , kartik naira?" naksh spoke.

"sir , they are in the rooms getting dressed up. they should be here any minute." he said and went away.

the elders went back home. only naksh was there. he waited and waited and waited. he saw kartik coming out of the room all sad.

he had a bandage wrapped around his head. he was provided with a sling to support his hand.

"kartik , how are you?" naksh asked.

a tear slipped out of kartik's eye as he hugged naksh. "naira , she is in the ot. doctors say that she has some complications." kartik sobbed.

naksh held him the whole time. kartik had to be kept under observation for a day. "kartik , i will just quickly go home and inform everyone. you stay here." he said.

kartik didn't react just nodded. he was way too numb. naksh got back and told everyone what happened except keerti.

the family was devastated hearing this news. when keerti came down all put a fake smile on their face.

"naksh , how are they?" she asked being worried.

"don't worry , they all are fine. doctors just want to keep them overnight. they'll be home soon." he gave her fake reassurance.

everyone went to their bed devastated. naksh made keerti sleep. he was about to sneak out and go but keerti held his hand.

with difficulty he made her leave her hand and left quickly. there kartik was pacing around. "kartik , what happened?"

"they said there are complications. they had to make naira deliver now!" he sobbed.

"it's just her seventh month naksh." he wailed.

naksh held him and comforted him. kartik was given some sedatives to make him sleep. naksh got a call from home that they have to rush to the hospital as keerti is in labour.