birthday

summary: kartik treating his queen on her birthday.

******

naira never liked big parties. when she was younger her father used to drag her along in his business parties which she hated.

she had to behave in a particular manner which was nonsense to her because parties are made to have fun. right?

growing up in a toxic household , she was always told to behave in a certain way. not being allowed to answer back even if you're not at fault.

when she got a job offer as a neurosurgeon in a highly reputed hospital in mumbai , she immediately reverted back to it saying yes.

she just wanted to be free from that toxic environment. being a neurosurgeon helped to her stay away from home.

her father wanted her to manage his company further while his brother already managed their chain of hotels. he wanted naira to continue his jewellery business.

at once naira even thought that her mother would understand but when she refused and was sad about naira being a neurosurgeon , that shattered her heart. she felt being brutally murdered.

ignoring all the demotivation and demoralization she followed her passion and worked in mumbai.

there she met a man. a beautiful , hot and caring doctor , who was a neurologist too. his name was kartik and he was the same age as her.

when she first came there , he was the first one whom she met. she was looking for her senior's cabin when she accidentally entered his room instead of the person she was meant to meet.

"excuse me? can i help you?" his thick and melodious voice was honey to her ears.

"hello sir , i'm naira. starting today. are you by any chance dr. mathur?" naira asked.

kartik was infatuated listening to her voice. the way her plump red lips moved when she spoke. the natural colour of her lip and the natural blush that rested on her cheeks the entire time was something he had always admired in girls.

"hello. i'm kartik. you're in the wrong cabin buddy. dr. mathur's cabin is straight and then right." kartik said.

naira thanked him and left his room. he went into a deep thought. the way her shoulders were pushed back when kartik referred to her as 'buddy' .

thinking about her during his breaks , it was something that attracted him towards naira. he sighed and ate his sandwich.

"hey did you see that new girl? i heard that she is a neurosurgeon. she is very professional man. doesn't even laugh." kartik's friend , yash said.

"i don't know man. maybe she is trying. could be an introvert. you never know." kartik chuckled.

they both were joined by aashi and riddhiman who were also their friends. they talked about their day and got back to work when the break was over.

four months passed by. naira was now getting involved in his group more. she chatted more , laughed more. but still there was something that was troubling her and kartik seemed to notice.