i would

summary: naira is in a toxic relationship. her best friend kartik writes a sing for her to make her feel loved and good.

**********

"sahil please. i have to go." naira pleaded.

"i said no. i have a party here tonight and you need to be there." sahil gritted his teeth.

"why aren't you understanding?! it's my brother's award day. i have to be there." naira shouted.

the house was silent. only the sound of a loud 'thud' could be heard. naira had kept a hand on her cheek where he slapped her.

"fuck you sahil. fuck you!" she shouted.

sahil roughly grabbed her arm and squeezed it tightly causing her to shout in pain. "don't you dare talk to me like this ever baby girl. you don't want me to be angry , do you?" he growled.

naira pulled her arm back and walked out of the house.

naira and sahil started dating when they were in their first year of college. there naira also met a guy named kartik. he was a charming guy.

kartik and naira used to flirt a lot but stopped when naira started dating sahil. sahil was always the jealous types. naira thought he was a nice person but as the months passed she realised how wrong she was.

in their eighth month of relationship , sahil showed his true self. he talked rudely to her , always shouted for no reason. naira thought he was stressed. oh , but how wrong she was.

naira believed the reality when sahil started to hit her. naira had never felt so pathetic as she did now. she couldn't even stand for herself.

how can she? sahil had threatened to literally kill her family if she ever tried to leave him. when they completed their one year , naira realised she had loved and still loves kartik.

it was always kartik. how much she loved him. right now she was walking down the streets alone after walking out from his house.

yeah his house. it was just a four-by-four room with some dumb furniture. house is not a home. she never ever felt like home there.

she walked till she reached her home. as soon as she opened the door she realised what she had to do now.

she was going to ignore sahil. eventually he'll be frustrated and will break up. that's what she wanted. kartik and naira were best of friends.

but instead of talking to kartik , she called her brother. "hi bhai. yeah , share the details and the tickets to me."

"of course bhai , i'll reach before the show. yeah bye love you." she cut the call.

she pack some things before going to sleep. the next morning she took her flight. approximately one hour and twenty five minutes later , she was standing on the nagpur airport.

she took a cab home. there were still three hours left. she entered , greeted everyone and got ready and made everyone else ready too.

they reached an hour before to meet naksh. "bhai!" naira ran and hugged him.

naksh noticed a red mark on her cheek but didn't comment. soon the function started and naksh got his award.