angels fly

summary: kartik is going through a hard time and naira writes a song for him.

an: long chapter !

*****

kartik woke up panting again heavily. sweat beads were formed at this upper lip and forehead. his hands were clammy and his throat was dry. without disturbing the love of his life who was lying beside him , he climbed out of the bed and went downstairs to the kitchen.

he filled his glass with water and sat on the table in the kitchen. he kept the glass aside and put his hands in his head. "can't sleep?" he heard a familiar voice.

he looked up and saw the love of his life , his angel , naira standing there with a bun and wearing a t-shirt of his and her training shorts.

"you have work tomorrow love. please go to sleep. i'll be fine." kartik tried to smile but failed. though his voice was soft and gentle as always.

"i am not leaving you here. let's go you too have work tomorrow. chalo." naira made him stand up and both went to their room.

"do you want to talk about it jaan?" naira asked as she covered both of them with the sheets. they were sitting against the headboard.

naira was cuddled to kartik's side as he had a protective arm around her. he was occasionally drawing random shapes on her forearm.

he shook his head in 'no' and tightened his arms around her. "shh jaan , im here. its alright." she softly whispered in his ear.

both them tucked themselves in and slept. naira was awake the whole night in case kartik got another nightmare. she couldn't see him in that horrible state. she never got to know the reason of his nightmares.

she even asked his parents but every time they replied with 'not our place to say kiddo.' this sometimes angered naira. because all she wanted to do was help him. but she understood that she shouldn't push him too much.

whenever he got nightmares , she just used to ask one time whether he wanted to talk about it or not and every single time he used to say no.

naira was shaken out of her thoughts when she felt kartik shifting. she sat up and saw him. he was mumbling something which she couldn't understand.

she gently rubbed her arm to calm him down and slowly started to card her hands in his hairs. "shh jaan , im here. no one's there." she softly mumbled and kissed his forehead.

as soon as kartik felt the familiar touch he calmed down instantly. the whole night naira was awake taking care of him.

the next morning when kartik opened his eyes the first thing he saw was naira resting her head against the headboard and in an uncomfortable position.

he took his phone and saw the time. 11:34 AM.

"naira , love. hey get into the bed im heading to the washroom." he gently shook her and she immediately opened her eyes.

"oh , hey good morning jaan. what time is it?" she asked hurriedly.

"sweet , it's just 11:40 you still have an hour to go. besides i thought you just had the recording?" kartik said.

"yeah , i have some photo shoots too. got the message last night. but i guess i'd be back till 3 PM or so." naira said and yawned.

"you hadn't slept all night , have you?" kartik sighed when he got no reply.