The Next Morning

Skylar Pov:

I have always hated waking up in the morning, ever since I was a little girl. It only got better once I met Daryl. Yawning, I feel around the bed feeling for my redneck only to feel empty space opening my eyes, I sigh softly and get up to get ready for the day. Heading downstairs and past the Greene family, I walk out to the porch and see Rick and Carl sitting on the porch.

 Heading downstairs and past the Greene family, I walk out to the porch and see Rick and Carl sitting on the porch

                                                          (Just imagine them on the porch)

 "Morning little sister," Rick starts as Carl says, "Good morning, Skylar." I smile, meeting them at the bottom of the porch "morning you two" I say. "Have you seen Daryl anywhere?" I question Rick as he nods then points to the tent near the trees. "He came out earlier this morning saying he was more comfortable in your tent than the bed but didn't want to wake you up" Rick tells me. Nodding with a small smile on my lips and looking at Carl "How you are doing mini-Grimes?" He looks up smiling brightly "I am doing well" he responds before heading inside while Rick stays standing there.

"So, what's the plan for today, big brother?" I ask as we start walking towards the tent." "Well, I was thinking of making this place more secure for everyone and planning a search for Sophia." He tells me and I can see the stress and tired look he tries to hide from everyone. We stop at the tent and before I unzip it, I turn to Rick "It wasn't your fault, Rick. You were the only one to run after her when no one else did. Her own mother couldn't even be bothered running after her. You did what you could. You did good Rick. Daryl and I will go out looking for her tracks and will bring her back." I softly tell him before smiling at him and nodding back as he nods to me before turning and heading towards the house. I open the flap and climb in seeing Daryl laying on the side of the tent, stabbing holes in the side of the tent.

 I open the flap and climb in seeing Daryl laying on the side of the tent, stabbing holes in the side of the tent

I move to sit next to him, nudging his leg "stop making holes. Bugs will get in Dare" I tell him softly. He just scoffs but stops and looks at me, slowly sitting up and pulling me to his side. "What's the plan today?" "Rick wants to make this place more stable and secure and create a Sophia search plan." I move closer to him as he kisses my temple softly "We are going to find her Sky." he says softly, and I nod. A while later after a few moments of silence, Rick calls for everyone to meet at the house.