CDC No More.

Daryl Pov:

The next morning I wake up feeling a heat source on my chest and look down seeing my beautiful wife sleeping soundly. Looking outside I see the sun just barely starting to rise signaling it's a new day. I hear a soft knock on the door "Come in" I quietly say as Rick walks in. "Morning" he says softly. I nod to him "We should head to the CDC today. I'll get everyone else up, you wake Skylar up." I nod again as he leaves the room. "Sky" I gently shake her "Sky, wake up." She mumbles and tightens her grip around my waist. Sighing, I lean forward a bit kissing her head trying to wake her up. "C'mon Sky wake up. We have need to go." I wake her up as she leans up "Dare..." "We gotta get going." She nods, yawning and rolling off of me sitting up. I look at her as she gets dressed "C'mon Dare, get dressed." she tells me smiling a bit at me as I start getting dressed. After a few minutes of putting clothes on, we head downstairs to see everyone awake and ready to go. Once Rick sees us, he stands up grabbing everyone's attention "Alright everyone, let's get going. It shouldn't be too far of a drive, right Daryl, Skylar?" he questions "Yeah it's not that far from this place" Skylar tells him as I nod in agreement. "Everyone has a car they are assigned to set let's head out." We all walk outside to the cars and everyone gets in, us leading the way. About an hour later we arrive at the CDC only to find that the shutters are down with the bodies of the dead laying around the outside. We all get out of our cars as Rick heads to the door "Hello? Anyone in there? Please let us in, we have kids! Please!"

Skylar Pov"

As Rick pleads the asshole Shane walks up to him trying to pull him away "Rick! There's no one there!. It's empty!" he keeps trying to drag Rick back to the cars and once he succeeds he tells everyone "Now we have talking about this, but I still think we should head to Fort Benning. It's a secure location and they should have things we need." I glare at him "How about this, you can go alone and we will stay here. Maybe we wait for you maybe we don't, but if you're so determined to go then just leave. I'm sure everyone is sick and tired of you bring that place up once again." I keep glaring as he glares back about to say something but Daryl beats him to it "Say anything to her and I'll beat yer ass." he threatens. Shane keeps glaring but backs off walking over to Lori who is standing with the other women in the group. I turn to Rick and grabs his shoulder before glaring up t the camera "If you don't let us in in the next 3 minutes, not even death will keep you safe from me." I growl pissed off as Daryl takes my hand in his walking us behind the group to calm me down. Rick keeps yelling at the camera and then finally the doors open and we all rush in. 

Daryl and I stay in the back of the group as Rick and the others walk forward but are stopped by a man's voice. "Why are you here?! What do you want?!" he yells to us. Rick slowly steps forward "We are here for a chance, even if it's a small one we will take it." It goes quiet for a few seconds before the man speaks again "All of you must take a blood test. That's the only way you can stay." We can do that" Rick tells him and he agrees.