Safe House

No one's POV

After everyone got settled in, Rick called everyone down to the living room area. Once everyone was there sitting or standing he starts "I'm going to need everyone to do something around here if we are going to stay here for a while. Carol and Andrea start making some food while Glenn will look for any medicine we may need. Dale can keep watch as Daryl, Skylar and I go out to hunt and collect wood. Sophia and Carl will stay here in the living room while Shane and Lori watch them" he says looking over at the two slightly glaring "Unless Lori has better things to do than watch her own kid and Sophia." the room goes dead silent as a snort was heard from the side of the room near the door. Skylar, standing there smirks and laughs " good one officer friendly."

Rick smiles and nods towards her as Lori gasps and looks down. Shane just glares at Skylar. Daryl turns glaring at Shane as he backs down and looks somewhere else. "C'mon people let's go" Daryl sighed as he grabbed Skylar's hand and drags her outside waiting for Rick. Once outside Daryl drops Skylar's hand as he grabs his crossbow, her grabbing her throwing knives and crossbow, and Rick grabbing his gun. "We will start at the end of the dirt path and make our way back to where the campsite was at before to see if there's anything there also to make sure no one can find us," Rick tells them as they nod. The three make their way back to the campsite hunting for food and looking for any sign of alive people being there. When they find no signs they start to head back until Skylar smacks Daryl's arm "Look" she points in front of her "there are about three big deer up ahead" "Let's go"Daryl tells them as they follow the deer. A few hours later they make it back to the house with all three deeras Glenn meets them halfway. "Nice catch you guys" he smiles and helps take the deer inside

to be skinned. Later that night after all the skinning is done Daryl nudges Skylar to follow him as he stands up. She stands to follow him as they walk outside. "What is it Dare?" she questions looking around making sure no walkers were nearby. He shakes his head " I have seen the way Shane looks at you Sky, I don' like it." She faced him and starts rubbing her hands on his shoulders "I can take care of myself, Daryl, you know that. You and Merle taught me all I know. Everyone here knows I can and will kill him if he does something to me or you, even Shane knows that. He won' do nothing to me, I'll make sure of it." 

She smiles kissing his cheek as he looks down and nods, "I'll kill him if he looks at you the wrong way." Skylar laughs agreeing with him. "Is that all you wanted to talk about?" He shakes his head "What's been going on with you an' Rick? You two seem close..." Dare.." she moves closer to him "there is nothing going on between us. I am yours and yours only. Rick knows that besides he's more like a brother to me. I love him like my own, but I am forever yours." He pulls her closer to himself and smacks his lips on hers, pushing her against the side of the house as she wraps her arms around his neck. Before they could take anything further, Rick clears his throat looking in the opposite direction of the two" You guys should come inside now. It's getting late." he says and walks back inside. Skylar and Daryl both smile at each other as Daryl lets she go, Skylar doing the same. They walk back inside hand in hand, but before they go through the door Daryl whispers in her ear "We aren't done yet darlin'" She blushes and they walk through the door and closing the door, securing it for the night.