2

I groaned, opening my eyes, coughing. I pushed myself to sit up, everything was a little blurry.Touching my head my fingers were coated in red.

I looked around me " Neteyam? NETEYAM?"

I swear to Eywa if he was dead I would kill him, fear rang true in my chest.

" Please great mother, don't take him. Not him."

I pushed through the rubble and dead bodies. He wasn't anywhere.Or I just couldn't find him.I think I heard my name being yelled, but that could be the great mother trying to get me to go to the afterlife. Neteyam better not be there waiting for me.

I didn't want to go just yet " Please Eywa I at least need a last meal."

" RITI?"

" Eywa your voice sounds an awful like Jake."

" Riti?Jesus, I've been looking for you everywhere."

" You are definitely not Eywa."

I breathed out kind of loopy. Jake's concerned face swam into view.
" Dammit kid I gave you one order. ONE!"

I felt tears spring to my eyes, before the Sully's found me I never had to deal with disappointment directed at me. 

" Sorry sir." I bowed my head

He checked my back and looked for any injuries.

" Where are you hurt Riti?"

" Huh" I was zoning out

"Where does it hurt?"

I hissed when he touched my head

" Dammit Riti we need to get you back to a healer."

He threw me over his shoulder and ran. The bouncing made my head pound even worse.

" Neteyam. What about Neteyam?" I asked my words kind of loopy

" He's fine he's back at camp with Lo'ak."

Thank you great mother. He was safe thats all that matters.

On the Ikran I tried to think about what I knew about head inquiries but that was kind of hard when I had one myself.

" Oh shit."

" WHAT WHAT'S WRONG?"

" ..am I going to be stupid now?"

I looked at Jake with furrowed brows, I didn't want to be stupid. I really didn't, Neteyam was stupid for both of us.

Jake let out a chuckle and I realized I had been speaking out loud.

" You're not going to be stupid kid, we gotta get you checked out."

" Why'd you come looking for me?" I wondered, I don't know how long he looked for me but it was dangerous to look for someone who might be dead because there was going to be more gunships in pursuit of the ambush.

"Your part of our family Riti, we look after our own."

I felt a tear slip from my eye, through all these years I knew the Sullys cared for me but I thought it was just because I was Neteyams best friend.

They actually thought of me as family, " Family."

* Back at the clan*

We landed onto camp, and I looked to my side to see Lo'ak and Neteyam on a Ikran.

" RITI !"

Neteyam ran to me and hugged me, I ignored the pain in my head and squeezed him back. Letting the warmth, and comfort raid my body and soul from his hug. He hissed a little when my hand hit some part of his back and I quickly pulled back.