17

The next day we were packing up to get ready for the day, when we heard the conch.

" What was that?"

" What's going on?"

We rushed outside and saw everyone cheering, and jumping into the water. Quite literally everyone was jumping into the water, flips, dives, you name it.

Tsireya swam by us in her Ilu, "The Tulkuns have returned! Everybody, our brothers and sisters have returned!"

They were beautiful, large and beautifully colored. They dove out of the water to announce their arrival, people rode their Skimwings next to them and celebration yells. Tsireya had explained that her people see the tulkun as their siblings, their kin. Each Metkayina member has a lifelong bond with their tulkun early in their life, they grow together and They celebrate each other's families. They celebrate the births of a new child and mourn the loss of a family member. Tulkuns can access memories stored within and are able to share their experiences with the Na'vi. Some tulkun's have tattoos on their snouts and bellies similar in style to that of the Metkayina clan.

Neteyam grabbed my hands and pulled me onto an Ilu. We watched as everyone joined their soul sisters and brothers.

It was a beautiful scene to watch, the joy and the beauty of it all. Their connection was something deep and their love for one another immeasurable. I was blessed to have watch it.

Neteyam was as in awe as me at the scene before us, his face alight with an otherworldly smile.

Again I found myself gazing at his face, he turned that stunning smile to me.

I looked to the side and saw Kiri and Tuk smiling. 

Kiri smiling.

It's been a while since she's done that. I felt an immense amount of gratitude to these Tulkun for giving my family some happiness and putting a smile on their faces.

" KIRI THAT SMILE ON YOUR FACE IS MAKING ME BLUSH, YOU SHOULD DO IT MORE OFTEN !!!"

I yelled to her and watched her roll her eyes, keeping her smile, " SHUT UP SKXAWNG!"

I looked forward to see Neteyam giving me a blank look, "Are you going to leave me for Kiri now? Is that where this is headed?"

I smirked, "Don't tempt me."

He pushed me off the Ilu.

I swam up to the surface, not bothering to look at him, " KIRI? KIRI? I'm leaving Neteyam I want you!" 

I started swimming away and Neteyam blocked me.

I moved around him and he blocked me again, "Seriously?"

He lowered the Ilu so that he was near my head level in the water.

" Ri, I'm sorry."

" Nope." I swam away.

"RI YOU ARE THE MOST AMAZING, GORGEOUS, FUNNY, THOUGHTFUL-"

I saw people stare at us and I paled.

I swam back around, so that I was swimming towards him.

He was the one to pale now, he didn't urge his Ilu forward fast enough, I had already dunked him. He gasped back up for air but I dunked him again.

"RIIII-"

He gasped.

"I CAN'T BRE-"

He gasped, "ATH!"

Ao'nung suddenly came up out of nowhere, he was about to tell me something but froze once he took in the situation.