6

Jake and Neytiri were fighting in the tent. Ever since what happened in the forest, Neteyam has been holding me or needing to touch me. Like on the ride back he was holding my leg and had his arm wrapped around my waist. And right now he had his hand wrapped in mine and refused to let go. Not that I was complaining.

His dad wanted to leave. He wanted to give the chief to the next in line and take his family to the water clans. He said they were being hunted. That everyone would be safe if they left.

Neytiri didn't want to leave, she wanted to stay with the forest, with her people.To fight, protect what was rightfully ours. Jake explained that the man that was hunting them was Colonel Miles Quadritch. We all knew the story, I didn't understand how someone could come back to life. Neytiri called him demon, something dead should stay dead.

I removed my hand from Neteyams ," Riti?" He whispered in confusion as  I walked away ignoring their whispers to each other.

My mind raced. They were leaving, my family was leaving. Neteyam was leaving.

It has already been decided.

*A few hours later*

He found me in my tree.

" we leave tomorrow morning."

I said nothing staring up at the sky, the stars not providing the comfort they usually do.

" Riti." Neteyam grabbed my hand, and I ignored the feeling in my stomach.

" I cannot leave the forest Neteyam."

" What do you mean?"

I sighed and sat up, " This is where I belong."

"  You're staying here?" Neteyam voice broke. I didn't look him in the eyes, he would be okay without me. He's strong, stronger than anyone I know. 

" I have been alone most of my life Neteyam, I am okay with being alone again."

That is what I kept on telling myself I mean.
He turned to me, his usually beautiful smile long gone and I longed to see it.

" YOU ARE NOT ALONE ANYMORE, RITI!" He shouted at me

Like actually shouted, I don't think He has ever shouted in his life. I think my brain was short circuiting. 

" You can't even see how much everyone loves you, You are a part of this family Riti. Losing you would be like losing a part of us." He shook his head, braids flying.

" You don't get to say that you're okay with it, because I'm not."

I said nothing and admired my best friend, and he man he was becoming.  He was a teenage boy with too much responsibility, a great warrior, a good son. He led me to this new family, a family that has accepted me and worried about me. He has been the person who has comforted me, made me laugh, and shown me light.

I sighed long and hard. I couldn't let this skxawng go out into the world without me.Then I laughed.

" What are you laughing at?" He said all offended

" You really can't live without me huh?" I gave him a playful smile

"Really? Your really joking right now?" He huffed annoyed, I actually was enjoying how upset Neteyam was getting. I felt warm, knowing that he wanted me around. He kept on ranting about how I needed to come with him or Tuk would be upset and Kiri would be all alone and blah blah blah

" Since you'd practically die without me I guess I'll have to come with you."

" You have to come with us Riti -wait what?"