23

Neteyam Pov:

We crawled along the pipes, looking below to see Spider surrounded by the sky people.

"Come on bro." Lo'ak urged me but it wasn't time yet, there were way too many of them.

Even with our size and strength differences, they still had guns. 

"Not yet," I insisted.

I waited until some of them went in the opposite direction. Now was the time.

We both quickly jumped down, knocking out some of them, throwing the others into the water. Spider joined in, grabbing a mask and ripping it off one of their faces before punching them.

Just as one of them grabbed a gun, Lo'ak used the gun ihe picked up to erratically shoot them.

I held back my snort, dad taught him how to do that? Either dad was a bad teacher or Lo'ak was full of it. It was more likely the latter.

"Let's go Lo'ak." I rushed. 

Lo'ak turned around swinging the gun and pointing the nozzle at my face.

I winced pushing it down and away from me. I should take that away from him before he hurts himself.

"Thanks guys." Spider piped up.

"Let's get the hell off this ship."

We were out in the open, anything could happen. The water was safer than here, actually anywhere was safer than here. It's how I knew Riti was safe, because she was in the water.

Why did I feel so uneasy? I saw her swim toward Tsireya and Tuk, that meant she listened to me.

I scratched the top of my braids, Riti never listened to me. Like ever. When she did, it meant that she was up to something. She was defiant as hell. It was one of the reasons why I loved her, but also one of the reasons why she drove me insane.

I shook my head, getting rid of any thoughts. Riti was safe.

I wanted to go back to her. Anxiety was eating me alive, she had a lot of injuries earlier. Her bloody face, and swollen wrists broke my heart. She was probably concussed. She needed to rest and drink lots of liquids, along with ointment on those wounds.

She always got herself into more trouble because of her attitude and snarky mouth.  

Another reason why I loved her but also drove me crazy. 

I smiled, What's love without a little bit of crazy? Or with Riti, a lot of crazy? 

I couldn't help feeling like I should have forced her to stay behind...but I knew maRi. She would have caused a huge scene if I told her to stay. She would probably hit me a few times, say we where a team and then go before I could stop her, that was the calmer option. The other option she would yell at me, tackle me to the ground and tie me to her so that I would be forced to take her...it's happened before. 

Spider cocked his head in confusion, "What's wrong with you?"

Lo'ak smirked. "He's just mad he had to separate from his gurlllfrieeennnddd."

He spoke in a mocking tone, to which I sent him a murderous glare.

"Bro! You finally confessed?Took you long enough." Spider laughed.

"That's what I said!"  They high fived. 

I pushed them forward, we'd been standing here for too long. I didn't care if they wanted to make fun of me, as long as we got the hell off this ship. So that I could take a very long and well deserved nap with the love of my life and try and forget the horrors of this day.