7

No one wanted to leave but we had to. The whole time Neytiri was holding back tears as Jake stepped down from being ole'eyktan, giving it to Tarsem. It'd be a long journey before we reached the Metikaya clans. Ale was already packed up, I felt bad taking him away from his home and his own family. I smiled at the memory of our first bonding. I had bruises for weeks. Jake was the one that taught me how to ride, Neteyam wasn't good at it seeing as he could barely get on his Ikran. I reveled in the wind brushing my hair as we flew above the sea, I looked back. I thanked the forest, for raising me, for being my home and family for the beginning stages of my life. I will never forget it, Tsnì txoa. The forest will have a special place in my heart, and I hope to return, when I am strong. When I am able to protect it and be the strong warrior it deserves.

I prayed to Eywa to give me strength on this journey.

" Riti?" Neteyam called me and I looked ahead.

I had fallen back, there was no time to waste. Patting Ale's neck we surged forward, he would fly for days. We would not sleep nor eat, the distance was too far and we didn't have enough time.

I missed sleep.

I closed my eyes just for a second.

" RITI!"

I jerked awake, just in time to pull upwards before going headfirst into the ocean.

" I'm awake, I'm awake." I reassured Neteyam as he stared at me concerned.

" We're almost there." He promised, I could tell he was tired too from the journey. He was just too stubborn to show it.

" I was thinking..." I hesitated and he tilted his head at me.

" Yeah?"

" I was thinking that once we landed you could teach me english."

He looked at me shocked, " You?You want to learn english?"

His shock made me not want to learn it.

I looked at the horizon, " It's infuriating not understanding anything."

I thought back on my confusion when we were held hostage. I needed to be able to understand the demons, especially to be able to protect my family. I didn't need to be clueless on everything they said and become useless.

He smiled at me, " It's going to be just like old times."

I shook my head and smiled back at him. When Neteyam and I first met, I couldn't speak in our tongues. I grew up alone so there was no one to teach me, no one to listen to learn off of. It made the first year of our friendship very hard, he never stopped trying to communicate with me though. He would always come in and teach me a new word everyday.

" You think it's going to be a lot different than home?" I asked, talking about the reef people.

" I want to say no but..."

" The sea is very different from the forest." I sigh and he nodds

Seeing the look on my face he rushed out, " But we can adapt, you've always been a fast learner Ri."

" Well I've always had a good teacher."

Neteyam's blush was back. He moved his face into his shoulder. I was just speaking truths?

Lo'ak suddenly popped up, " I am going to be sick if you guys keep flirting."

We both shouted, " We aren't flirting!"

"Fall in." Jake commanded us and that's when I realized that we were here. The Metkayina Clan. Jake made calling noises , announcing our arrival. A conch shell was blown, gathering people in the middle area of where we were going to land.

Ma Meuia (NETEYAM)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara