20

* Mostly fluff and family content on this chapter, main conflict is coming up soon 👀. I appreciate and love all of you.

"RITI!"

I ran behind Netyeam as Lo'ak stormed behind me.

Lo'ak had found me. And he was mad.

"What did you do?"

"Nothing...much.." I said sheepishly.

I really wasn't trying to do anything, I swear. I knew Tsireya liked him so I just tried to give a little push.

"RITI YOU SNAKE! COME HERE!"

I panted and used Neteyam as a shield as Lo'ak tried to lunge at me.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO SAY ANYTHING TO TSIREYA!"

" I DIDN'T MEAN TOO!"

"IT WASN'T YOUR PLACE!"

"I KNOW I'M SORRY."

Lo'ak shook his head, "Stay out of my business. I never asked for your help, and I don't fucking need it. Just go and continue to fuck Neteyam, and keep your advice to yourself."

I flinched. Damn, I knew he was mad but that was harsh.

"Did it work at least?" I asked meekly.

Lo'ak hissed and lunged for me.

"Lo'ak your out of line." Neteyam said harshly, stepping forward.

His lips pursed angrily, ears going back.

I loved Neteyam's angry face, but I just wished it wasn't directed at Lo'ak right now.

I placed a hand on his shoulder, "no he's right."

"I'll stay out of it." I said simply.

Loak glared.

"I have a feeling you aren't going to accept my apology."

"Just because you had it easy and got everything handed to you doesn't mean that you have the right to step in where you're unwanted."

I felt like he just slapped me.

He said I was unwanted, and that I had shit handed to me.

"I didn't get things handed to me." I say tightly.

He opened his mouth to say something but Neteyam stepped forward, hissing at him.

"Watch your words little brother."

Lo'ak rolled his eyes and stormed back to the tent.

Is that what he thought? That things were handed to me? That everything was easy as soon as I met everyone?

It wasn't just fucking rainbows and sunshine when I entered into the clan. I had to learn the language, I had to learn the culture, I had to learn how to act and how to behave, how to interact with others. I was surrounded by people I didn't know, didn't trust. Everything was ten times harder for me. I was petrified half the time, and scared shitless. Half the time I wanted to go back to the forest, just to feel comfortable again.

The only reason I stayed with the clan was because of them.

"He didn't mean it like that. You know he just lets his anger control him."

Neteyam held my face in his hands, watching me with concern.

I stayed for him.

"He was right."

"He wasn't."

"No he was, I overstepped."

I was just going to ignore the other things he said.