22

Everyone was frozen as Quaritch talked to Jake through the com.

He wanted Jake, in return for not killing Lo'ak.

He had Lo'ak at gunpoint. It was fine if it was pointed at me but at my little brother? Yeah that was a big no for me.

Quaritch started saying stuff about losing good men and women and I zoned out because it was all crap. Everything that comes out of that demon's mouth is crap. He probably eats it on a daily basis. I watched as Jake talked with Tonowari and Ronal, I knew he would come alone. He would sacrifice anything for his kids. Anything.

He wouldn't make it easy for them. But I knew as soon as he was on the boat they would kill him, they would make us all watch as they murdered him in cold blood.

Just to prove something, just to prove that they were superior to us.

I would be damned if I didn't fight either.

The handcuffs were making my wrist bleed, it just got worse as I tried to pull my hands out.

"Ri." Tsireya shook her head at me, "You're making it worse."

"Shut up!" The annoying voice from before hissed.

I rolled my eyes.

I was feeling angsty, I couldn't sit still.

Where the hell was my boyfriend? I didn't see him with Jake. I didn't see Kiri either.

Lo'ak growled when he heard Quaritch planning to kill Jake on deck. Like it wasn't obvious.

We watched in sadness as Jake rode closer to the ship.

I racked my brain for a plan but I came up blank. There was nothing I could do all tied up, and if I did do something then it would put everyone in danger.

The ship started shifting back and forth.

The water suddenly becoming restless.

The water started moving back and forth, more vicariously than normal.

I realized why soon enough. 

Payakan came shooting out of the water in all of his big glory, practically soaring through the air.

I think I might be dreaming.

He landed right on top of the ship, crushing a whole bunch of people under him.

No fucking way.

"Payakan!" Tuk cried in awe

"I did not see that coming." I murmured to Tsireya who was looking at the scene in front of us with her mouth wide open.

"Me neither."

Her mouth was dropped open just like mine.

He flapped his fins, hitting the people who were shooting at him.

It was chaos on deck, everyone was yelling out commands, gunshots being fired. People running around, then getting squashed. 

Lo'ak kicked one of them in the leg, so that Payakan could lay his fin on top of him and crush him.

My eyes had been open so wide, they where starting to water. But I was scared to blink cause I might miss some of the action, it was all happening so fast.

We were being saved by a Tulkun right now. Lo'aks Tulkun, specifically. 

Payakan let out a roar, flopping his tail and fins around doing the most damage he could before, the people on boats started targeting him.