13

( More of a cute filler chapter.)

I gasped in horror when I saw the damage to his beautiful face.

His beautiful, beautiful face.

" No!" I walked up to him examining his face, " Why did they have to go for the face?!" I yell dramatically. I grabbed his face and twisted it back and forth.

He groaned rolling his eyes, "Riti, I'm fine."

" YOU ARE NOT FINE! LOOK WHAT THEY DID TO MY BEAUTIFUL FACE!"

Kiri snickered behind me.

He frowned at me, " Is that why you didn't want me fighting? Because you were scared for my face?"

I froze, and scoffed " What?Pshhh No! I was scared for your well being, and I didn't want you to get in trouble with your dad."

It was that and his face.

He looked at me suspiciously. I raised my eyebrows and put my hands on my waist, " You really going to try and guilt trip me? When you-" I pointed at his chest

" Are the one who broke YOUR" I Emphasized on Your, " promise?"

His expression immediately dropped, and he picked up one of my hands kissing the palm of it.

" I'm sorry Ri, forgive me?" He stared at me and it was like he was giving me puppy eyes.

Do not give in. DO NOT GIVE IN!

I gave in.

"You know i'd never refuse you anything you asked me." I sighed and he smiled and kissed my forehead but winced.

I frowned and pulled on his bottom lip lightly, "How are you supposed to kiss me now?" I teased him.

He gave me a crooked smile that made me weak in the knees.

"Nothing will stop me from kissing you."

He came closer but stopped when we heard a gagging noise behind us.

I dropped Neteyam's hand quickly and turned around forgetting Kiri was there, she was looking at us with an amused but disgusted look.
" I knew it."

She repeated with a bit more excitement this time, " I knew you guys liked each other! I'll have to tell Lo'ak I won the bet!! When did this happen?" She pointed at us, in the middle of her onslaught of questions.

Wait, bet? I'm not even going to dive into that right now.

I scooted away from Neteyam, not sure if he was okay with wanting people to know about us. I tried to pull back my hand but he used that to pull me closer.

He wrapped his arms around me and put his head on top of mine. He answered.

" Last night but I've liked her for years."

I blushed, I wasn't expecting him to be so straight forward.

Kiri shrieked and grabbed my hands, " I TOLD YOU NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH YOUR HEART!"

She jumped up and down while I hid my face. I hadn't told Neteyam about that.

" I HAVE TO GO FIND TUK!! SHE'S GOING TO BE SO EXCITED!"

She ran out of the tent but then ran back, "oh Neteyam some paste for your lip and bruises are over there." She pointed to the corner, then ran back out.

That happened so fast it didn't even register in my head.

"What was wrong with your heart?" Neteyam whips me around and looks at me concerned.