16

" We are here!" Tsireya called to us and we hopped up underneath a close floating mountain.

The sight was almost majestic. The floating mountains, and rocks were everywhere but it formed the sky perfectly. It had an almost circular structure to it, framing the sun perfectly.

" Woah." I said amazed, Neteyam hummed in agreement.

" This is the cove of our ancestors, our most sacred place."

" I told you sunset was the best time to be here." Tsireya said looking at our amazed faces.

We watched as the sun went down in silence. Admiring the sight as everything came to life in the dark. Life glowed with bioluminescence and that's when we saw the tree.The spirit tree.

" it's been a while." I murmured as I stared down at the beautiful sight. 

" Well what are you waiting for? Let's go!" 

Neteyam grabbed my arm and pulled me under. Everyone was already close to the tree, already ready to make their bonds.I quickly pulled my queue over my shoulder and I made Tsaheylu. I gasped as I was shot into a vision.

—---------------

A 10 year old Neteyam was side-eyeing me confused, " Riti? You're acting weird again." He complained.

A young me smacked him over his head, " I'm not weird." I flipped my hair, " I'm unique."

He rubbed his head, grumbling under his breath, " Keep on telling yourself that."

We had been walking in the forest, I had made Kiri a bracelet and was making Lo'ak an anklet. I had already made Jake and Neytiri one, theirs were out of feathers and vines.

I don't know what Neteyam was doing, he was just sitting there bothering me.

" Why don't I get one?" He whined

" Because you don't deserve one." I humphed.

" You're mean, Riti!" he got up and stomped away.

I threw a bead after him, pouting. I wasn't mean, he just never left me alone, so that I could make him one. It was supposed to be a surprise, there was no point in making him one, if he was right there. And anyway I made one for everyone else, he had to have something else. He was special.

I sat there in silence, Neteyam still hasn't come back. Maybe I didn't mind Neteyam always bothering me....

I messed up the anklet and threw it away from me.

I got up, I should apologize. He must be really mad at me. I didn't want to apologize though... but I would. I didn't want him to never come back.

I walked up the stream to see if he was anywhere and he wasn't that far away.

"I wanna show you something." I said but he refused to look at me.

" Common Netty!" I groaned but he threw a rock into the water.

"You don't want to come? Fine! I'll go by myself!" I stomped off.

But Neteyam suddenly grabbed my wrist, " you can't go by yourself! What if you get hurt?"

I gave him an are you serious look, "I was perfectly fine by myself for a long time."

He rolled his eyes, " You always say that!"

I just continued walking to where I wanted to show him, " It's just a tree." He stated unamused.