9

We all sat in a circle. I was in the middle between Roxto and Kiri, It was probably best that I didn't sit next to neteyam. My head was still dazed.

" Breath in." Tsireya instructed.

We held it for a little bit and then she instructed, " and breathe out."

" Imagine flickering a flame." She held out her hand

" You must slow down your heartbeat."

Dammit, that wasn't happening for me right now.

Tsireya placed one of her hands on Lo'aks heart and one on his stomach.

My eyes went wide, thats the most contact hes made with a girl...ever. I held in a laugh as he watched Tsireyas face as she instructed him to breath.

" breath in."

" Breath out slowly." Lo'aks eyes flickered between hers.

" Lo'ak your heartbeat is too fast,try to focus."

" Sorry."

I snickered, Kiri pushed my shoulder. Neteyam and Roxto looked at each other and tried to hold back their laughs. Kiri rolled her eyes at us, not finding it as funny as we did. It looks like Lo'ak has a crush on the chief's daughter. I called it from the beginning.

" Let your mind go clear."

" Do you need help with your breathing, Riti?"

Roxto asked and I shook my head no really fast, I would break his hands if he touched me the way Tsireya was.

He smirked, " I can go get Ao'nung, I'm sure he would like to help you on your breathing."

That sounded really suggestive right now and I was now feeling uncomfortable

" Well I don't need Ao'nung, I'm breathing just fine."

I breathed in really hard and breathed out to prove my point.

They looked unimpressed, " RIght well we have some time for you to learn, you don't need to get it all in one day."

She basically just told me I was shit at it right? Kiri laughed, and she laughed hard. I looked at her unamused. " I will push you into this ocean."

Neteyams pov:

I glared at Roxto for suggesting that Ao'nung come. I could tell Ao'nung liked Riti by his stares and the way he was nicer to her than he was to us. Everytime I caught him staring he looked away quickly, it left a nasty feeling in my chest. I knew she was beautiful, hell I admired her beauty everyday.She wasn't just beautiful on the outside either, everything about her shined. I was used to people staring at her, I didn't blame them. Back home the only person who didn't know that Ri was beautiful was Ri herself.

Since I was used to the staring, I'm confused as to why I was feeling this in my chest whenever she was with Ao'nung. I knew her well enough that she didn't like him back but.. It didn't stop that nagging feeling... I think I needed to ask my dad about it.

" Netty?"

Ri was talking to me and she was laying on her stomach with her head in her hands staring at me. " Sorry what?"

" Everyone left."

I looked around, " What when?!"

She laughed and I smiled in response. I recalled her promise to herself to make me smile everyday. She didn't know that just seeing her, made me smile. I didn't understand how she always knew how I was feeling and knew the right things to say to make me feel better.She had a talent for making me happy. She was so adorable when telling me about her promise that I couldn't help but kiss her cheek. I'll never forget the blush and the dazed look in her eye. I didn't know if that meant that she liked it or not.My heart was pounding a mile a minute and I was about to lose my shit so I walked away before she could see the stupid smile and blush on my face.