Where have you been?

"Taehyung, you are late again." You sighed to the air.

Where is he now? Your work finished an hour ago. You told him that you can go back to the apartment on your own but he didn't let you. He isn't even here now.

"Need a ride?" You heard a familiar voice from your behind. He spun his key in his finger. Dr. Jin.

"Ugh, can you wait with me for 5 more minutes, please?" 

"Just let me drive you home. I've met your fiancé several times, I'm sure he doesn't mind." You want to accept his offer too. But Taehyung might be here anytime. You don't want to cross paths with him. His phone must be dead again. He barely remembers to charge it. At this point you didn't understand why he had a phone anyway. You let out a sigh again.

"Okay." You agree. You were dead tired. All you want is to rest now.

Jin opens the door for you. You worked for him for a year now. You met him at a seminar. He started his own medical center 2 years ago. He is so young himself. He talked about his passion for humanity and it touched your heart. It's nothing about money. He is already rich.

"You work hard everyday." He praised you.

"You too." You are just very tired and sleepy.

"You can't reach him?" Jin is a very talented doctor. You believed that. What he has in his hand is the whole talent. Nevertheless, he is still working so hard.

"Hmm, yeah. His phone must be dead again. I'll flush it in the toilet when I get home." You joked.

"How long have you been engaged?"

"Hmm, three years?"

"Oh, I see." You know it's a long time. People usually get married as soon as possible. Now Taehyung is on top of his career and he doesn't has much time for personal life, "Don't worry." He read your mind. It's not the marriage you are worried about. You just nodded.

When you got home, the apartment was still dark. He isn't home yet. Screw it, he might forget to pick you up. It's not the first time anyway. You bathed and changed to a more comfortable shirt. You have to cover for another nurse in a few hours. He'll be sleeping when you wake up. He is more like a roommate now. What is this relationship again? When is the last time he touch you?

Ugh, don't think about it. Just go to sleep, Y/n.

The sun crawled up to your bed. You touched the sheet next to you, cold. He is not home yet. You woke up and made coffee for yourself. You want to make sure he is okay. But your shift will start soon. So you just left the apartment and wrote a note for him.

"Morning." Jin greeted you. How could he reach home at the time similar to you but manage to look so fresh a few hours later. Are you even human?

"Do you use any skincare routine? I'll buy whatever you recommend." You admired his beautiful skin.

"Drink a lot of water, nurse." He chuckled, "So did you flush his phone?"

"Ugh, I didn't even meet him." You sighed.

You miss Taehyung so much. These days were hard without seeing his smile. You tried to understand his career is everything to him. Doesn't he realize you are part of his life too? His father praised him so much every time he went home. His family is so proud of his success. He got good money for all his hard work all these years. He bought you an even bigger ring. You show it off to Jin after you get it. The thing is he was never there... It's just an empty side.