Anyone but you

You looked at yourself in the mirror. You always think that you're not that pretty or something closer to that. But meeting with Chaeyoung made you look at yourself in the worst state. Nothing is good enough for you to wear.

This is stupid. Nobody will compare us to each other anymore. Well at least no one will speak it out loud in your face.

Chaeyoung has always been beautiful. Her petite figure. She is a very attractive woman. You never really like her at first, remembering that she was Taehyung's first girlfriend.

But she has been nothing but kind to you. After a while you become fond of her too. You decided to wear long pants and a blazer with lace top inside.

Jungkook loves that lace top.

Shut. You are almost late. Jungkook sent his office driver to drive you to the cafe. He forced this one on you since you'll head to his office anyway after that.

Chaeyoung walked toward you. You smiled and waved to her.

"Hi!" She didn't look happy at all. Her face looked angry and she slapped you hard.

"I gave him up for you. But you are a selfish bitch. You left him alone and let him suffer by himself!"

"What are you talking about?" You question her tantrums.

"While you are happily planning your wedding with Jungkook. Taehyung is in his dead bed. Waiting for you but you never come!" Taehyung is sick? She must be joking. He was totally fine when he left you broken and cold.

"HE LEFT ME FOR ANOTHER GIRL !

I don't know what kind of drama you pulled but don't!" You grabbed your bag, ready to leave.

"Visit him. At least do that if you have a little compassion."

"I don't care. He left me broken. If he is about to die, I hope his blood dries quickly."

You went to Jungkook's office. You took a deep breath as your eyes wet with tears. You couldn't show it to Chaeyoung.

"Are you okay, Miss?" His driver asked you carefully.

"I'm okay. Drive me to his office, please."

You are scheduled to check on your wedding ring today. He already set the time for it.

You were so excited this morning, but now... your heart shattered into pieces.

"Mr. Jeon will be here soon. He told me to ask you to wait." His receptionist opened his office to you.

"Thank you." You've been here several times. There are a lot of your pictures on his table. This one he just took last week. You touched the frame.

"Mr. Jeon, here is the document about hospital payments of Mr. Kim Taehyung ." the door swung open as his assistant got in, she looked shocked to see you here, "Miss Y/n, i don't know you are here." She cleared her throat nervously.

"What is that again?" You pointed to the document in her hand.

"I'll be back later, Miss-"

"Bring it back here!" You yelled.

"Miss, this is a personal report for Mr. Jeon." Her face was totally pale as you snatched the document from her.

KIM TAEHYUNG. MEDICAL DOCUMENT.

"Why did Jungkook have this?"

"Miss, Mr. Jeon will fire me. Please."

"Leave." You opened the document.

What the hell is this? You read one page to another... This is not it. You gulped. This is not Taehyung. Maybe this is one of his employees. You checked on the blood type and his birth date.

"Y/n ? You are early. How is Chaeyoung?" Jungkook closed the door. He kissed your head, "What is this?"

"Jungkook... why did you have Taehyung's medical record?" Your voice is shaking as you hold the tears, "And why does it say he has cancer?"

"Y/n , listen. Calm down first." He held your shoulder carefully.

"Don't you dare to lie, Jungkook!"

"Taehyung came to me last year. He asked if I still have feelings for you." Jungkook stopped, "He showed me his medical results and he told me his idea. Taehyung wanted me to take you from him," Taehyung loves me, he won't do that. What I heard now is bullshit," I said he was crazy and he should tell you about this. But he already decided..." Jungkook reached for your hands.

"You could come to me! You could reach me and tell me all of this!!!!"

"Taehyung said it clearly to me. If you know about this. He will refuse any medical treatment. He better die than see you cry over him everyday."

"Did his parents know?"

"His parents knew, your mom, Jimin."

"Anyone but me. How could you do this, Jungkook." You sobbed.

"It was never my choice, Y/n."

"That's why my mom asked me to forgive him. Everyone knows but me! This is unfair!"

Oh, Taehyung.

"That's not true he cheated on me."

"The girl who he said he cheats you with is his nurse. I hired her to accompany him everywhere he went."

"She could be a good actress."

"Y/n, I swore I tried to talk to him thousands of times. I still did until today."

You cried even more. Jungkook rubbed your back. Your heart was even more broken than when he left you. Now you wish he really leaves you for another girl and lives the happy life he deserves.

"He needs me the most and i left him,"

Your knees felt weak and you fell on the floor, "Every night i warm your bed, he was alone and in pain."

Jungkook pulled you up and brought you to the couch.

"I'm sorry, Y/n."

"Where is he now?" You gripped Jungkook's arm tightly and looked at his guilty eyes.

"He is in my other house outside the town. 4 hours driving." Jungkook answered you carefully. He was hurt to see you like this. But it is also torturing him.

"Can we meet him?"

"I.. sure.. I'll drive you there..."

"Jungkook.."

"Hmmm?"

"I.. I don't know if I can continue this marriage. This feels wrong." He saw you hesitantly touch the ring in your hand.

"Don't worry about it now..." He said kindly. Jungkook silently counts in his heart when this day will come. It was sooner than he expected. Jungkook loves you, he truly did. He knows it's very selfish of him to wish for you not to leave him after you find out Taehyung is sick.

But maybe you never will.