Because I promise to protect your heart

The long drive felt so long.

Jungkook drove you there himself. He asked you to bring some clothes because he knows you want to stay.

Jimin was also there.

He left his job to take care of Taehyung. Jungkook is the one who paid for his treatment. But recently Taehyung refused any treatment. He said he was tired and the pain became unbearable.

Chaeyoung met Taehyung's parents. She visited them after she called you. That's when she found out Taehyung was sick and you were already with Jungkook at the time. She was still in love with him.

Jimin opened his arm the moment he saw you, "You are a liar! I hate you! Jimin, how could you hide this from me!" You hit his chest over and over again.

"He begged me to." Jimin is crying as well, "I'm sorry..."

"Where is he now?"

"He is resting in his bed."

You swing the door open to find Taehyung laid in his bed. He is here. He looks so weak and pale. Taehyung...oh, baby...

"Hi, babe..." He said. You can no longer hold your tears. He lost so much weight and his bright eyes look tired.

"Hi." You took the place next to him.

"You look so beautiful." He touched your face," I miss your scent.."

"I miss you so much." You can't look him in the eyes because it hurts so much to see him like this.

"Don't cry, please." He wiped your tears, "This pain is nothing compared to seeing you cry." He forced a smile to calm you down.

"I left you." You cried even harder.

"You are not. It's my own choice. And I know how selfish it is for people around me." You cried a lot in his chest.

He is your Taehyung. He always is.

"Why? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I promised to protect your heart no matter what."

"Can you be selfish just for once?"

"Y/n, I've been selfish by staying with you longer than I should..." Taehyung caressed your back.

"Taehyung ..."

"I had it checked by several doctors. They said it's too late for me. It's not impossible but I thought I had a small chance." He forced a smile.

"Try anything. You can be cured. I don't care what the price is. Taehyung, please, just please." I can't lose you anymore. Just don't leave me again.

"Y/n, I'm sorry that I left. I can't watch you cry over me everyday."

"I won't cry. I won't shed a single tear as long as you stay with me."

"You have the softest heart, Y/n, you'll literally cry your eyes out." He chuckled, "Look at you now. You can't stop crying."

"Don't make a joke over this!"

"I never thought I could see your face again. I feel like I can die in peace now."

"Why did you say that!" You yelled at him.

How could you not realize cancer had been with him for a while. You were officially the worst nurse and girlfriend. You failed the love of your life.

"I'm fine now. I need some rest. Please. Stop crying okay?"

You feel like your heart is in your throat.

It's just he is here. He kept wiping the tears from your eyes. His fingers were very thin now. You entwined your fingers with his.