Give him more time

You were cycling to Jimin's house. It's Friday night and your mom let you sleep over to his place.

"What's all of this?" You put your bag in Jimin's room. He is blowing balloons. Many many balloons.

"My parents won't be home for my birthday. So I'm throwing myself a party." Jimin lifted his glass, "Cheers."

"I'm sorry..." You went closer to him.

"Don't be. They forget about it every year. I'm wondering if they forget I exist too." You hugged Jimin as he hugged you back.

His parents just leave him here alone. Jimin has been taking care of himself for years. They just sent him a lot of money so he didn't have to call if he needed anything. How could they do that to him even if he never complained...

"Where is Taehyung?"

"He should be here any minute."

"Jungkook?"

"He is working now."

"Why?" Jungkook is surprisingly more open to Jimin. Maybe because he is considering him as a good friend. You aren't even sure what he thinks about you.

"I don't know. He just started a few days ago. Maybe he needs money."

"Will he come?" You asked curiously.

"Tonight? I don't think so. But you can give him a call, I'm sure he'll come right away."

You hissed at Jimin.

"It's just more fun if he is here too." You admitted sadly.

"I think he is secretly in love with you."

"No! What are you talking about?"

"He caught your bully. He always gives you his side dish. He put more meat on your plate than his."

"You'll do the same. Plus he didn't like the side dish. He said it himself."

"Ugh, cheesy bastard. He likes those things. He always tries to steal mine!"

... Is that so? But he always gives it to you, voluntarily...

"Jimin."

"Hmm?" He is still busy with his balloons.

"But I think I'm in love with Taehyung..."

Jimin chuckled and poked your cheek. He thought you were joking, but after a while you still look troubled.

"You like him? Where is this coming from? Why so suddenly you like him?"

"... um, I accidentally kissed him.."

Jimin's small eyes widened to its max capacity. He grasped your shoulder , letting his balloons shrink.

"WHEN HELL IS THIS HAPPENED?"

"That day he visited me. Maybe we did something a little bit inappropriate."

"THIS IS TOO MUCH INFORMATION IN ONE DAY, Y/N." You gulped, maybe you shouldn't tell him, "Did you still hide anything under your sleeve? Come on. Spill all of it!"

"That's it. It was just an accident. I don't think he likes me either. But he.. kissed me back at the time..."

"That's why he is out of the world." Jimin laughed so hard.

"What should i do?"

"Y/n , you should tell him."

"He has been avoiding me ever since. I'll just die." You pulled your hair in frustration

"It's not that hard. Just go to his room. Wear those sexy lingerie and lay down in his bed. I'm sure he'll get an idea."

"LIKE YOU LITERALLY SUGGESTED ME TO DO THAT? I'll get you the worst best friend trophy." You started to pinch him.

"Just tell him. I'm sure he likes you too. At least, I think so."

"How if he doesn't?"

"I'll lend you my shoulder for months." He chuckled, "Look at the bright side. You have another shot with Jungkook if Taehyung rejects you."

You punched his chest, sulking. Jimin went back to his balloons. Why the hell does a sixteenth year old boy want to have balloons in his birthday party?

"Will you help me?" He asked sarcastically.

"Nah, I don't want to." You sit next to him.

"What's all of these?" Taehyung frowned the moment he got in, "Is this for your birthday party?"

"Yes, ugh, can you and y/n go to buy cups and snacks? She said she wanted to go alone but you will go with her, right?"

"Umm, sure." He answered hesitantly. You kicked Jimin's butt. He stuck his tongue out. This is awkward.

Taehyung walked side to side with you. Your head is spinning. You should say something. Say anything.

"..." Ugh, this is hard. You tried to think of some questions, " Will you sleep in Jimin's today? I came to sleep over."

"Ah, I don't know." You can imagine Jimin laughed his ass off right now.

"I'll go this way." You pushed the trolley to the snacks aisle. I'll be very generous to spend your money, Park Jimin.

You are dead.

Taehyung took the trolley from you, "Let's go together..."

"Okay..." Taehyung chose a variety of snacks.

You just literally walked beside him.

"You like this, right?" Taehyung grabbed a big pack of Cheetos.

"Yesss, awww, you remember!"

"Of course I remember. Do you want more?" He put three packs in the trolley.

"YES! I would love to have thisss, thisss and this one too." He chuckled to see you act like a kid.

What did I do now? I just grabbed whatever I wanted. He must have thought I'm a pig. You sighed and put the snacks back in the rack.

"Hmm? Do you want to buy another snack?"

"No, I think it's enough... Let's go to buy a cup now..." You walked ahead of him.

Taehyung secretly puts the snacks you want back to the trolley. He adores you for always eating whatever you want and not worrying about your weight. It's cute for him.

"This is for you. I paid for it myself." Taehyung handed you the paper bag. You peeked inside and saw the snacks you put back earlier. Why is he so kind?

"Thank you." You mumbled.

Jimin grinned like stupid when the two of you came back. He nudged your arm again and again.

"How is it?" He whispered.

"Awkward. But I got snacks." You showed him the paper bag.

"Geez, what are you? Five years old?"

"Said the one who blew balloons for his birthday." You rolled your eyes.

You washed your face and laid in Jimin's bed. Taehyung is still outside talking with him. He might not sleep here tonight. You wondered why you were so disappointed by that.

"He left." Jimin yawned.

"He doesn't like me..." Jimin pulled you to an embrace. He patted your back in rhythm.

"Give him more time."