I thank him for the chance

"I see..." You avoided his eyes and let go of his hand, "I'll see you later then."

"Y/n." Jungkook held you in his embrace.

"It's okay. I know this is stupid after you asked me to marry you and I said no. Now you did the same. Maybe we didn't mean to be-" Jungkook stopped you.

"Y/n, you didn't say no. You said we are going too fast." He said carefully, "You weren't ready. And what's with the sudden rush?" Jungkook was staring into your eyes, "Tell me what you have in mind."

"Why did you say no? Don't you want to marry me?"

"I do. But not that way. Not if you don't want me to." He reassured you

"I do now..." But you were running all the way here with a round decision that you want to marry him. To spend the rest of your life with Jungkook.

"Y/n." His big brown eyes searching for something in yours.

"Jungkook," You repeated his tone, "Will you marry me? I'm not getting younger. And I want a lot of children."

He chuckled, "I don't want a child. They'll take all of your attention from me."

"You can't be jealous of your own child!"

"Well, I don't like sharing what's mine." He insisted. You sighed.

"So... Do you want to marry me?" You asked shyly. Can't believe you say that more than one time, "Wait, i don't buy you any ring. Will you wait here?"

Jungkook can't hold his laughter anymore.

I just literally beg him to marry me. You covered your face. Oh, God. I just ran here without thinking about any details. Why can I be this stupid sometimes?

"I don't need an engagement ring, Y/n. All my heart belongs to you."

"Hmm so.. Will you marry me?" You asked again numerous times.

"I do. It's always been you.." Jungkook kissed the back of your hand.

"I love you!" You jumped to him. Jungkook was startled to see you act that way.

He always thought he loved you more than you ever loved him. But your excitement just now was real. Jungkook patted your back.

"I love you too, Y/n." You are my life and you are the only reason I'm still here.

_____

"So, you proposed to him!"

"Shhhhh," You signed Kath to lower her voice, "Yes."

"Ahh, I can see how happy you are."

"I don't know if this feels unreal." You shook your hand. It's cold.

"You have to do it this time. Don't wait too long again!"

"I know!"

You didn't regret it at all, the moment you agreed to be with him. Only happiness stays with you. He is the best decision who walks in your life. And his heart genuinely belongs to you. Only you.

It was a brutal lie if you said you didn't think about Taehyung a bit. Because you still did. Not that you want him back in your life. It's just you know him for a long time and you wish at least you can talk to him casually to forgive each other.

What did he say to you, you sure he didn't mean it. It was just his lust over the girl he wanted to be with.

And you already forgive him for that. 5 years was a long time. That was not a waste of time. You loved each time you were with him. You were grateful for it.

You definitely would choose to love him again even though you know you would end up hurt just like the last time. Absolutely.

You should call Jimin and tell him about this whole marriage thing.

"My shift just ended. I'll see you tomorrow."

Kath waved her hand. She was more than happy to see you with Jungkook. She watched how Taehyung broke your heart and silently ruined your life.

You walked to Jungkook's apartment. You sleep there most of the time. Can't sleep without him now.

The door was slightly opened when you got there. You can hear him talking inside. Is there someone with him?

The light was off. You walked slowly and saw his back. He is on the phone.

There were roses on the table.

"Jungkook?"

He turned around.

"I'll call you back. Laters." He ended the call, "Y/n."

You were about to switch on the light. But his hand is faster than you. It was dark but you can see he scratched his back nervously.

"I'll light the candle. Sit here." He placed you at the dining table.

"Jungkook?"

"Hmm?"

"What are you doing?"

"I'll re-propose you." He what now?

He lit the candle and like there were so many candles. So you waited for him to light it one by one.

"You could burn the apartment you know..." you tried to break the silence.

He didn't answer.

Jungkook placed the steak in front of you.

"Eat first, please." But then he pulled his chair closer to yours as he cut the steak

for you. And this is now very awkward.

"Please say something..." you tugged at his shirt. Jungkook pinched your cheek.

"I had a lot in my head when I decided to do this.." He brought your hand in his, "But when I saw you walked in that door. All of it just disappeared..."

"..." He played with your finger.

"I want to break his face to break your heart. But... I also thank him for the chance.." He talked about Taehyung.

"Jungkook..."

"Listen, I know you might still think about him a lot of times. You mentioned his name several times in your sleep."

You felt like you wanted to cry to hear Jungkook saying all of this. Even when you thought you made him happy. You were still hurting him.

"But I wanted to be selfish this time. I want to make you mine. Forever mine. Mine and only mine. His fingers laces with yours.

"Will you marry me?"

He asked as he took out the ring.

"Say yes, so I can put it in your finger."

He cleared his throat. You giggled.

You were so impressed by his words that you forgot to answer him.

"Yes, please." The ring fits you perfectly. Jungkook kissed your lips and met his forehead with yours.

"I promise to make you happy each day. I will love you now and forever more."

"You don't need to promise me anything." You cupped his face, "But please don't ever leave me for another girl. If you don't want me anymore. Just say so." You tried to hold your tears, "I'll... I'll make things easier for you and pack my bag." You couldn't help but cry.

"I won't. You know how hard it is to be with you here. I won't exchange it for anything in the world." Thank you, you didn't give up on me. Thank you for being with me and letting me know there is happiness for me too.