𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈.

— 𝐀𝐒𝐇 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐁𝐄

𝐀𝐒𝐇 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐁𝐄.

Jake felt the stares from the surrounding Na'vis, hand clutching his youngest daughters' as she stayed close to his side. "Dad?" She said looking up at him, her eyes glistening with a worry tint.

"It's okay, just be calm." Jake said as he looked back at his other two kids, both with their hands out to show they meant no threat. Kiri had her mothers lioncloth wrapped around her waist, as Lo'ak had his brothers neck piece, both bearing a pained expression.

It's been a year since the passing of Ney'tiri and Neteyam; both having been fatally wounded by Quaritch and Lyle who, in return, vanished without a trace, leaving behind the pain of losing two people.

As their feet touched the once grassy area which was now ash and dirt, trees that were once a beautiful color now only branches, but the bioluminescence of the glow worms had made up for the lack of color and light.

Jake forced a smile out, trying to reassure everyone that he meant no harm as he searched through the crowd of people for the man he came to see, Äoa.

As Lo'ak and Kiri both got closer to their father, the stares from the greyish Na'vis making them feel uncomfortable. "I'm scared." Tuk said, her arms wrapping around her fathers forearm as she clung a bit.

Kiri placed a gently hand on her shoulder as she assured her that everything would be fine, having been practicing those words on their long journey over here incase someone would need them.

As it felt like an eternity, a shorter man approached the four with his arms spread out to show he meant no harm as well. It was Äoa.  Hanging off his shoulders was the traditional chiefs garb decorated with bones and small wooden arrows, on the shoulders part was large feathers that connected to a wooden structure to keep it up right.

"Äoa was the chief of the Ash people, the skeletor tribe."

"I see you, Äoa." Jake greeted the leader, doing the familiar hand gesture. Äoa returned it before immediately pulling the other into a hug, Jake returned it. He hadn't remembered the last time he was given a hug.

"Jake Sully." Äoa said after releasing the other. He was at least a foot shorter than Jake, but his structure was definitely outweighing everything else. His arms had many markings and tattoos on them, eyes red as crimson blood and his ears were stuck up and pointy, a scar down his left eye. His skin was rough.

"I knew him as a tough leader."

Some of the Ash people had gotten closer now seeing as their chief was almost pleased to the Sullys, but as a path way began to emerge, an older lady appeared as she walked slowly and on alert to see what was happening.

"Although Äoa was known as the sadistic ruler, it wasn't him I was afraid of."

"I see you, Sänume, Tsahik of the Skeletor Tribe." Jake now acknowledged the older women, who in return greeted him back. Jake felt himself ease up as she did, not knowing how the two would feel if he was to ask for Uturu.

"Why do you come to us, Jake Sully?" Äoa said, the question Jake was trying his hardest to avoid a bit longer. The Olo'eyktan and Tsahik both stared at Jake, having been purposefully kept out of the wars and battles to not hear bout Toruk Makto losing his mate during a battle. So, when Sänume noticed the children had no mother present, she felt herself hold onto Äoa forearm.

"We seek Uturu." Jake said after a few moments of hesitation, looking between the two as he didn't want to offend either one when directing an important question.

"Uturu?" Sänume said, her ears twitching in confusion as she gestured to her village and then his youngest. "You do know what we are known for and you wish to expose your children to this?" She said.

Jake did know, he knew the Skeletor Tribe was notorious for bringing people back from the dead and their sacrifices they did for Eywa, being here was the safest option he could think of. If he could, he would've went to Tonowari and Ronal south of Pandora, near the water where the Metkayina reside, but he took a chance here.

"I do, I just want to keep my family safe." He said, picking Tuk up who was gripping at his arm even tighter than before, the exhuastion hitting her from having been flying for over ten days.

As the crowd parted ways once more so the clan leaders children could come forward, the first was a boy who had to at least be two years older than both Lo'ak and Kiri. His face resembling his father with the same scar down his left eye, arms covered in markings and occupied in his hand was a spear. His hair was braided and thrown over his shoulder, a few beads being interweaved throughout it to decorate his hair.

Coming from the opposite side was another boy who had to have been the same age as Lo'ak. He eyed the two behind Jake, both of which who returned the glances back at both of them making one of them smirk in amusement. Kiri kept their gaze. This boy having more beads in his hair than the other and his body having little markings and no scar on his face, he was also accompanied with a spear in his hand as the lower half of it dragged on the floor. If you looked too quickly you would think they were twins.

Just when you think the clan leaders only had two boys, appearing suddenly next to Sänume was (Y/N), her eyes piercing directly at each and every one of them on high alert. Even though their equipment was placed on their banshees from behind, (Y/N) still did a double take just in case.

Her white hair was braided down to her lower back with many pretty beads interwoven at the tips of them, courtesy of the many children of the village who liked to practice different styles on her. The chest piece she wore was a midnight black mixed with a hint of blue covering that was made to look like little branches and vines, that just so faintly and up close, you could see ridges in them, almost looking like she took veins out of someone and placed them on her chest.

The thing that made Kiri and Lo'ak flinch back was the fact all three of the kids had red eyes that looked like blood.

(Y/N) walked closer, but stopped, her eyes having now moved to the older gentleman carrying a young child. Curiosity was killing her, so, being the polite one she was as her parents further discussed the situation at hand, she greeted them. "𝘖𝘦𝘭 𝘯𝘨𝘢𝘵𝘪 𝘬𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘪𝘦" She said, her voice almost dripping with a honeyed tone, it made Jake drop his gaze, but quickly compose himself as he did it back. The kids returned the gesture as they felt more comfortable with her than the two boys.

Finally, after deliberation, Äoa turned back motioning with his hand to the small group of villagers who were there. "Toruk Makto is a great war leader," He started off. Jake could only look, already preparing for the worse, tightening his hold on Tuk who could barely stay awake. "He and his family will stay, treat them as our family. Teach them our ways and show them the true Skeletor values." Äoa looked over at male before sticking his hand out to the three children.

"My daughter (Y/N) and sons, Fawn and Ay'u, will show your children what to do." He said after pointing to each one of the kids beside him.

Fawn, who was the eldest, went to object but was immediately stopped by a warning gaze from his father. He groaned in annoyance, but (Y/N) on the other hand couldn't but help but smile as she picked up one of their bags. "Come, I will show you to your new home."

Jake set Tuk down, as he placed a hand on her back. "Now, what do we say?" He said looking at his three kids. Lo'ak let out a soft 'thank you' as Kiri did too, but Tuk being Tuk, she said it out loud causing Sänume to give her a gentle smile.

The four of them followed (Y/N) into the village to start their new life.

AN;; If you made it this far, hello! This story will contain heavy topics, heavy spoilers and trigger warnings that I posted in the description. I hope you like the first chapter— it actually hurt my heart to write it. 😭