𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐈𝐈.

— 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆

— 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆.

Jake couldn't sleep that night, he couldn't tell if he was sleep deprived or if he was genuinely not tired. He tossed and turned as quietly as he could on the floor of their new home.

He glanced up to the ceiling of his new home, it wasn't the same, everything was different and changing, he hated change. Turning his head to the side, he looked at his kids who were sound asleep and wondered if they had nightmares about everything as well.

As he sat up, he moved to leave the entrance of his home needing some fresh air, but he was met with a giant fire in the center of the ground. Some children were sitting around it as the storyteller of the village spoke about a made up story to help the kids asleep and occupied.

Walking down the spiraling pathway, he moved closer to the fire and sat down, a kind smile on his face as some of the children from the village all curiously looked at him. It was like deja vu again when he first arrived to the Omaticaya years ago.

"...when the great dragon flew over the village of Tipani, the villagers all danced and cheered as war was over." The story teller said, moving his body dramatically as the children all laughed. Some falling asleep as what seemed to be teenaged Na'vis taking care of them.

"Happiness is simple."

As parents came to collect their children, thanking the teens for watching them, the crowd began to get smaller and smaller, leaving only Jake to the fire as he bid a goodbye to the storyteller who left for the night.

(Y/N) was up as well, she had trouble sleeping because her brothers were snoring loudly, so she walked over to the fire and sat down as well, completely unaware that across from her and through the flames was Jake.

Jake moved his head to the side to see around the flame better, eyes meeting (Y/N) as she let a warm smile come across her face and move to sit next to the elder. "How are you and your family liking our village?" She asked as she was sititng down.

"It is welcoming, I am surprised though. The rumors and stories of this village were different." Jake admitted, he was told that the village of the skeletor tribe had a deadly vibe to it, it made him wonder if that was true and they were just hiding it.

"Well good. My father and mother like to have people guessing about us, it keeps away any traitors." It was like an effect of her words because in the distance at a very far ways out, but he could hear it well, there was a scream and then silence. "What is the matter by the way." (Y/N) had stuck her hands out to warm them up this time.

Jake could see her wrists were covered in a beautiful purple wrap that complimented her grey skin, the tips of fingers seemed to have been dipped in black ash that only the distal phalanx was stained. "What do you mean?" He said as he looked back at the fire, his eyes burning as he stared intensely.