𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈.

— 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒

— 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒.

"It's been a day at this point, what hunting party goes out for that long?" (Y/N) questioned immediately as she walked into the hunters hut, immediately greeted before waving them off. "Why are you all sitting here and not out there finding out the problem!"

One of the hunters, Nothai, stood as he was the only one to not be as scared of her outburst like the others. "If I may, Princess. Your brothers instructed us to not follow them. They took Jake and Vami, and said they would be back when the time is right."

(Y/N) took a deep breath and blew it away with her hands. "And Jake agreed." She asked, eyes looking up at Nothai.

He nodded. "Yes, it was his plan. He wouldn't share too many details as he didn't want anymore blood. He told me to tell you he was sorry.. if he doesn't come back, he wanted me to say that for you."

Her eyebrows furrowed as she turned and immediately left, stomping up the trunk of the tree to her fathers home, roughly opening the curtain before she glared at her father.

"A day." She hissed out, pacing back and forth as her eyes never left him. Sänume was confused at her daughtera sudden outburst, standing up from the floor as she was making a spear and moved over to her.

(Y/N) moved her hands up to not be touched, she was shaking and tears were threatening to fall. She was confused why she all of a sudden felt so upset if Jake got hurt, having just been angry.

"What is the matter, daughter." Sänume asked. This was the first time Sänume seen her daughter face to face in weeks, noticing how she would avoid the two like a plague. "They have been gone for a day, and he said he was sorry. If he didn't make it.. he was sorry."

Äoa was quiet and unamused, a glare was dancing on his lips as he folded his arms one over the other as he watched his daughter and her outburst.

"This is all your fault!" She screamed from across the room. Äoa rose, but kept his distance while shaking his head. "You couldn't trust him."

Her face screwed into a puzzled look, if she didn't respect him—no matter how mad as she—she would've lunged at him. "What the fuck are you talking about."

Sänume hissed lightly at (Y/N), a warning tone but nonetheless stayed quiet.

"He isn't good for you. He brings war. He kills. Why would you want that?" Äoa moved closer, his rough skin now had more markings on them from the sacrifices that were done.

"You have no right to make that decision! That isn't your choice—! I can't trust you, Dad. I was supposed to, but I can't. You are my dad, Ma Sempul, and you did this. To teach me a lesson?" She was screaming at this point, she knew the other villagers could hear them and knew they were questioning, but she didn't care.

"I did it for a reason, I knew he would say yes regardless if it came to his family. You were too nice, too naïve, you knew better than to trust the words of a stranger." Äoa was many things, he was cruel, the sadistic ruler, the enemy—but he cared in a different way. "I taught you better."

Sänume finally stepped in, glaring at her mate. "Äoa. What is the matter of you?" She spit out. "This is your daughter, not a pawn." Äoa lifted a hand to her, eyes never leaving (Y/N)s.

"I am your wife, respect goes both ways. What is this." Sänume put herself in between the two, pushing his hand down before snapping her hand back and forth.

"A lesson."

"(Y/N), leave." Sänume said, not bothering to look at her daughter as she heard the other leave.

(Y/N) wasted no time to leave, not wanting to hear another one of her parents arguments. She left to her home, pacing, an anxious feeling.

Running her hands down her arms, fingers gently twisting her braids and touching the beads, she was trying to calm down. Her brothers were gone, Jake was gone, Lo'ak was busy and Kiri was with Tuk; she wasn't able to be distracted anymore as she was alone with her thoughts.

'He said to tell you he was sorry if he didn't come back..'

Who says that. Why couldn't he have come to her and tell her? She hated that she couldn't hate him anymore, be mad at him anymore, yell at him anymore. She hated it. She hated she was in love with him.

She couldn't count how many times she paced back and forth, the path she was going in her home had made a very small dent on the ground, her ears and eyes had tunnel vision and she couldn't think of anything else but her own thoughts.

"You were looking for me?"

The words were quick, it was almost like it wasn't real at first as she paused with her back to the door.

"(Y/N).." The voice was now closer to her with hands suddenly placed on her shoulders. "Hey— are you okay?" They turned her, hands steady and ready to catch her if she fell or needed comfort.

"They said you were looking for me." Jake asked softly, he was confused, of course, but came right away.

The hunting group he took with had came back after searching for a perimeter to find the slingers and Quaritch. They got a lead, but no sign of him, so they all returned.

"You are alive." She said after realizing it wasn't a dream. "You- I thought.. you said if you didn't make it."

"That was if I didn't make it, sweetheart. I'm here." Jake could sense the uncertainty in the others voice and pulled her into a hug, even if she was mad at him still.

"I forgive you." She felt his arms tighten. "I was so worried about you and I couldn't think.. I was mad that I couldn't hate you, I was mad that I couldn't stop thinking about you, and then when they said you left and said that I just.."

She pulled back to look at him, eyes looking over his body with a soft shake of her head. "I didn't know what to think or do. I thought you died before I could say—" Her breath hitched as tears fell from her eyes.

Jake smiled softly before shaking his head, leaning down to whisper in her ear. "Look and touch till your mind is full, and you will see that your man is alive and well."