𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐗𝐕.

— FIRE

— FIRE.

(Y/N) kept her eyes closed, but was awake as the sun was just barely breaking the horizon. She felt herself rub at her nose a few times, waking herself up fully as she sighed. Her nose was itchy and throat was becoming unnaturally dry.

Her vision was just a bit blurry, the sky was bright orange, a few black spots and smoke coming from off in the distance before she shut them again. It was probably from other villages cooking, so she payed it no mind.

But when she heard a faint cry in the distance, her eyes shot open as she stood on the hill to overlook where it was coming from. Off in the distance, a fire was starting and it was spreading fast towards them, and her village.

"Jake, Jake!" She said, eyes looking off towards the fire before stumbling back towards Jake, her hands shaking him awake as she looked up and down from him to the fire.

The smoking finally hit them, engulfing her lungs as she coughed aggressively, Jake waking up just in time as a smoke cloud hit them. "What is happening!" He said loudly.

"Fire, I think someone started.. a fire." She said in between deep breaths. Yipping for his ikran, Jake wrapped his arm around her waist before they took off towards Bob and ascended into the sky.

Her cries were heard, watching down below as a fire was spreading a village and the people below were waving their arms for her. It pained her to see the people begging for help and she couldn't do much about it but fly back home.

As the two finally landed, (Y/N) wasted no time to enter her village, the people having already heard and smelt the incident. A hunter came to her, a worried look on his face. "Princess, I have family in that village. I must go to them, please." He pleaded, hands holding her shoulders as she nodded.

Her father had called everyone in a meeting, Vamï standing next to him as he spoke to his people, the first time in a long time.

She paid them no mind, moving up to her parents home where Fawn and Ay'u were, both relieved to see her alive. Gifting her a hug, they stood back and ushered her inside before they started telling her the plan Jake came up with.

"We need to get him out of hiding, I am going to take a jab and say that he already is, but we need to get him out in the open in the field." Ay'u suggested, his hand underneath his chin. "Say the word and I'll go into battle."

(Y/N) and Fawn both shook their heads, the last thing they needed was another casualty without proper reasoning.

"He is waiting for us to strike, I know him. I have been fighting him for years." Jake chimed in, having placed a comforting hand on (Y/N)s' lower back as he moved closer inside the home. "He isn't attacking just anybody, he's attacking me. He wants me to fight back."

"So we fight back." (Y/N) said without a second thought, the two hunters that stood in the room with them nodded alongside Fawn and Ay'u.

Jake shook his head, hands coming out to calm their anticipation. "No, what I'm saying is.. we need to think this through or there will be more than just small deaths." He took a deep breath. "It's me he wants, so I'll go out there and give him myself."

Fawn placed a hand on his chest stopping him. "Brother, the last thing that you need to do is swoop in and be a hero. (Y/N) is going to be the pawn." He said.

(Y/N) nodded, placing a hand on her chest as he spoke. "We decided it makes more sense. I'll draw him out, the hunters will be in lengths to take him down and when I give the signal they'll attack."

Jake gave the other a puzzled look, shaking his head right away. "No—what if it doesn't work? No offense, but I haven't seen anyone fight. He is dangerous."

The siblings all looked at each other before letting out a laugh, the two hunters behind them couldn't help but laugh quickly, coughing to refrain from breaking their position.

"Ma Jake, we are the most experienced fighters. Give us some credit." She said with an offended look. "Will be okay. What we need you to do though is tell us how he works, how he fights, what his weaknesses is. They filled me in with the other plan you all came up with and I can work with it."

Jake gave the others a look before he made a face of disapproval, eyes looking up to the ceiling before back down. "Okay, fine. He doesn't know this place like you all do. Use that for advantage, get him out in the open. He isn't fast enough to defend everyone all at once, unless it's just you. You'll have to be quick, he is especially scared of arrows."

"Arrows?"

"Yeah, when Ney'tiri was shooting at his people I could see a glimpse of him panicking at the arrows."

(Y/N) nodded her head at the answer before she let out a small 'Oh'. "What color were they?"

"Yellow and Green, why?"

She turned to one of the hunters before waving him off, already knowing where to go and what to do.

"Don't worry. I'll drive him out to the field, I'll try to get him to the top of the volcano too. You have to be watching me closely though, the farther I get out the more exposed I'll be." She said to Fawn and Ay'u, eyes glancing between the two. "I'm putting my trust in you both that you'll keep me safe, as well as the hunters."

They both nodded and placed a hand over their chest. "We promise. You need to be careful though. Will get everyone to their dragons and head off, by the looks of it the fire is starting to head more east, that's the opposite of us; so whoever is doing it really doesn't know where we are at."

Fawn and Ay'u left with the last hunter in their hut, going to gather all the people who wanted to fight and defend their home, leaving Jake and (Y/N) alone to talk.

"It's dangerous." Jake said.

She gave the other a look, eyes unamused but laughed lightly. "My love, you need to have faith in me. I know what I am doing." Placing a hand on his chest, she leaned up to kiss his cheek before pulling away.

"I know that, I just can't lose you." He whispered, their foreheads resting against one another.

The two shared a thoughtful moment, both agreeing they would come home to each other before Iwa popped his head inside. "(Y/N)! I have to talk to you. Jake, hello."

He gripped her arm and pulled her out before whispering in her ear about the missing children. "Fuck, wait to tell him when I'm gone. He can not go out there. I'll go."

"Fawn and Ay'u just left, you should be able to catch up with them if you go now."

She nodded and whistled for her Dragon moose, hopping on and leaving as quickly as she could.