𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐗.

— 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘

Lo'ak followed Eyye and Aw'ita, the two boys who insisted Fawn wanted to see him. Jumping onto their Mongooses', Eyye motioned for Lo'ak to get on his before they took off, fast. Lo'ak started to cheer, he never felt so much speed on the ground before in his life. Flying his ikran was amazing—but this was a whole other experience. Dodging and ducking many leaves and branches, he felt himself lift up onto his calves so he could let out a loud cheer; completely ignoring the fact the two boys had a different plan in mind.

Coming to a halt, Lo'ak leaned around to look at Eyye. "That was amazing cuz!" He said with such happiness, Eyye looked at Aw'ita before giving him a nod of 'fuck it'. "No problem, follow me. I know a quicker way to Fawn, he isn't too far ahead." Lo'ak nodded and sat back on the Mongoose. "Why is he so far out?" Lo'ak questioned.

Eyye spoke loudly so the other could hear "He is hunting for tonight's ceremony." That was all Eyye said as they finally arrived to the hunting grounds, it was true that they were near a hunting place; but Fawn was nowhere in sight. "Here, come on. Take this." Aw'ita said as he passed the other a torch and a spear before beckoning the other to follow him near a cave.

Lo'ak started to get uneasy, he wasn't supposed to be this far out from the village and away from everyone, but he also wanted to hear Fawns apologize. So, he kept going despite the gut feeling in his stomach. "He hunts in a cave?" Lo'ak said before getting shushed by the other. Eyye put a finger up to his lips in a 'be quiet' motion before he continued.

Aw'ita pushed the other gently in front of him as they rounded a corner of the cave where a singular light from a flame was flickering. "Go forward, it's too narrow for all three of us to go at once." Eyye said in a whisper. Aw'ita nodded behind him.

Lo'ak took a second longer to stare at the two before he sighed, turning towards where the flame was at he continued on first, not even realizing the two boys had trapped Lo'ak across a bridge that you could only lower and bring up across from where Lo'ak was at.

"Guys, I think this is a dead end—" He said as he turned around, realizing his pathway was completely gone and the other two boys had abandoned him with no way to exit. "Guys!" He said loudly, only to be met with an echo. "This isn't funny!"

Lo'ak was trapped and that terrified him immensely, he had no clue how to get across the ledge and if he tried, he could see that the bottom was a bit of a drop. Death or be trapped forever, the first option seemed more better.

Picking up the small torch that was stuck in the ground for what seemed like years, he dropped it down the crack to see how much of a drop it would be if he did decide to go down and escape. Leaning over, he stuck his arm out before releasing the torch and counted. "1...2... Okay, that's pretty far." He said as he watched the torch seem to have fallen for a good while only to suddenly be stopped.