𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈.

— 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐎 𝐄𝐘𝐖𝐀

— 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐎 𝐄𝐘𝐖𝐀.

Jake thanked Toruka one last time and headed off into the village to find (Y/N), he felt like the weight was lifted off of his shoulders little by little. It wasn't gone, he knew he wouldn't fully heal, but seeing Neteyam helped.

A few feet ahead, he spotted (Y/N) laughing loudly with someone. As he approached the other, (Y/N) gave the other a smile before motioning towards her friend. "Jake! This is—" before she could finish, the boy who looked the same age as (Y/N) took the others hand before shaking it fast.

"Hello, my name is Iwa! my friends call me Iwa and my parents call me Iwa, but you can call—" Jake cut the other off with a chuckle. "Iwa?" He said sarcastically.

Iwa let out a soft gasp, he looked between the two before ending his gaze on Jake. "How did you know?" He was very serious. Jake gave the other a look before letting out a loud laugh.

The three of them left with Iwa who was showing (Y/N) the items and decorations their own maker made for Fawns ceremony, a few pieces made for their spirit siblings arrival in a days time. Many of the colors represented a gorgeous purple and red, a few beads were placed on the cloths as they made patterns to resemble their spirit siblings.

"When (Y/N) said you guys were here with Toruka, I said really? I said where were you. She said 'Iwa, he's with Toruka, you'll see him. He's this big hunk of a man.' Then I saw you and I knew it was you. I said (Y/N) that's him isn't it?" Iwa didn't even realize what he had said, too busy rambling as both Jake and (Y/N) had a blush on their faces. (Y/N) with embarrassment and Jake with amusement.

"Iwa! Look at this for me and stop talking—!" She said as she turned to stared at Iwa, her eye twitching. "Not now (Y/N). You know, when I went to Toruka and she told me to look at Ma sempul, I started crying. Oh!" Iwa was one of (Y/N)s most trusted and valued friend, they had met one night when (Y/N) and him were a child, but Iwa was also (Y/N)s most dramatic friend.

Iwa fell into Jakes arms with a loud, fake sob. "Ma sempul!" Iwa said wailing, his arms wrapping around Jakes bicep as he very, very lightly squeezed them and gave (Y/N) a thumbs up before going back to sobbing. "Iwa-!" She hissed before pointing to the ground next to her. "Stop embarrassing me!"

Iwa looked up at Jake as he batted his eyes, "Make her stop yelling at me." A pout coming to his face, tail wrapping around his own forearm. Jake hadn't remembered the last time he was having this much amusement, looking at (Y/N) he humored Iwa. "Be nice to him." He said teasingly.

(Y/N) widened her eyes, mouth dropping a bit with her tail swishing behind her. Ears flattened as she felt 'betrayed', "Jake, I thought you were my friend?" She said before turning back laughing. Thanking the owners who hut they were at for the cloths and items for the ceremony, (Y/N) finally managed to pull Iwa off and bid the other a goodbye. Both having grabbed some Teylu before heading off somewhere else.

...

Arriving to the edge of the other village near the water, (Y/N) pulled Jake down to bend on his knees, both of their arms wrapped around their own knees. "This is where I wanted to take you afterwards, I didn't expect Iwa to talk that much." (Y/N) shook her head as she rubbed her face.

"It's okay, I needed a laugh after what happened." Jake admitted, eyes looking over at the girl who was also staring back. "How was it? Seeing whoever you saw for the first time." She said before looking back.

Jake took a moment to process how he really did feel. Anger? For not helping and protecting his child. Sadness? For not being able to see him and hold him. Hope. He felt hope. "Good. It was.. sad, but good." For the first time Jake didn't lie about how he felt, he felt comfortable around the other to be honest.

(Y/N) gave the other a smile before she retrieved a stick that had fallen so long ago it was damp. "Here, there is an old saying in our village that if you write a letter and let the water wash it away, it arrives to whoever you want in the afterlife with Eywa." (Y/N) had spent many days with people who had family members and friends pass away, but it felt different being here with Jake. "When you finish and the water takes it away, you look up at the sky and if you see a star twinkle, that means they got it and are thanking you."

Jake took the stick out of her hand before looking down at the sand, it was like the moond had known what he was going to do because she shined perfectly in front of him, the water not reaching him even though the tides were harsh. "Do you believe that?"

(Y/N) smiled and nodded, "I do. I like to believe Eywa holds all her children somewhere at peace and happiness, and allows them to receive special things from people here." (Y/N) said.

Jake nodded, the branch in his hand as he thought about what to say and write.

'Neteyam, you were my blessing and joy, my first born. I promise to leave many fish for you and wait for you to be at peace. Could you swim to me again?'

Jake had wrote before stopping to reread it again and again, (Y/N) was next to him as she placed a hand on his back. "Do you want to say anything else to him?" She said quietly. He nodded.

'Let's meet again.'

Jake put the branch back in (Y/N)s hand who got up to put it away from the water so it wouldn't get lost or taken away by shore. In front of Jake, the water began to pick up and wash away the letter he wrote before he rose to his feet, turning to look at (Y/N) with a small smile on his face. "Let's get back before your father kills me."

"Kill you? If anything, He needs to kill Fawn for picking out this ugly color—" (Y/N) went on a rant as the two headed back. Jake looking back at the water before looking up to the sky.

Off in the distance, a soft star twinkled.