Chapter 2

Chapter 2

.

.

.

.

.

.

Snow's POV

"Would you like anything else at all?" I asked for the fourth time as Gabriel motioned for me to take a seat as I quietly sat down with the empty tray on my lap.

"Stop apologizing and relax. How much do you get paid here?" He asked while taking a bite of his banana split ice cream as I thought back on my last paycheck.

"About $6.45 per hour if I make it on time." I stated as he continued to stare at me while spooning ice cream into his mouth. "Why do you want to know? Is something wrong?" I asked as the thought of losing my apartment got to me.

"Do you have a car?" He asked, obviously ignoring my questions while eating some more ice cream as I sighed quietly to myself. He might be hot and handsome but he was as stubborn as his brothers on TV.

"No, but are you going to anー"

"How do you get to work in weather as horrible as this?" He interrupted as I softly growled before crossing my legs under the table.

"I walk or run." I grunted while eyeballing him angrily. Why is he asking me so many questions that don't involve him? Slowly crossing my arms over my chest, I began to calm myself down. "Why are you asking me all of these questions?" I asked as he continued to eat his ice cream before he placed the spoon down. After a long quiet pause, he finally spoke, offering something new.

"I was curious if you'd like to work for me, seeing that you're having rough times and struggling to keep up with your bills and things. This job will offer much more than what you're getting paid here." He whispered while leaning towards me so I could fully hear him. "And by the time you get your first check, you'll be able to buy yourself a nice car and anything else you desire." He smiled while looking at me as I slowly thought on it for a minute.

"It depends on the job." I mumbled while putting a lot of thought into this. Either I can stay here and miss the chance of ever getting a good job that'll pay for me and my dog's expenses and help my mother or I can accept the job and start right away. What was I going to do?

"What will you do, Snow?" He asked as I quietly played with the small brown tray on my lap.

"I'll take the job." I nodded while looking back up to meet his gaze. He gave me another bright pearly smile before pulling the napkin in front of him while looking for a pen. "Here you go." I whispered while pulling the bright pink pen out of the pocket of my dress before handing it to him. He looks at the pen for a second with a smirk on his face before scribbling stuff down onto the napkin.

"Alright, I'm finished." He mumbled after two minutes had passed by. He slowly slid the napkin in front of me before leaning back in his chair. I looked down at the phone numbers and addresses before looking back at him. "Tomorrow morning around nine, I want you to be at this address." He whispered while pointing at the first address before slowly moving his finger down to the next one. "And I want you to be at this address at one thirty pm tomorrow. Understandable?" He asked as I nodded quietly. "If you have any questions, call this number or this one. If somebody else picks up the phone before I do, just ask for Gabriel Sampson." He added as I nodded.

"But what about this job?" I asked as he looked up at me before turning his head towards my manager and smiled as she gave him a thumb up before turning back to me.

"Your manager is okay with you working for me and has suggested that she'll hold your job for you just in case you want to come back." He smirked as I sighed quietly to myself before smiling.

"Okay." I whispered while standing up from my seat as he checked his watch before looking up at me.

"Before you go, I'd like a large fully cooked steak with a chocolate crepe and some Coca-Cola. Make it quick, hot stuff. I have to be back before they notice I'm gone." He whispered while chuckling softly as I wrote all of that stuff down before hurrying off towards the kitchen just in time as the blood rushed to my cheeks.

"Hot stuff?" I whispered while handing the order over to one of the chefs before leaning back on the cool crème wall. I quietly pulled the napkin out of my pocket before looking at it carefully. "Why would he really want to hire me? Was he trying to seduce me?" I asked aloud to myself as one of the trainees gently placed the prepared food on the counter before looking over at me.

"Y-Your order is ready." The guy stuttered while blushing fiercely before disappearing back into the kitchen as I pushed off the wall and placed the food on one of the large wooden trays. As I careful balanced myself, I slowly made my way out the door and towards Gabriel who was now frowning with his cell phone to his ear.

"No. No. Tell that bastard to get the fuck out of my office before I come back and throw him out the damn window." He growled as I gently placed the plates down in front of him. "Whatever. I'll be there soon to fucking throw him out of the damn window. Tell him to get comfortable because it'll be his last time." He added while ending the call before looking up at me as I just stood in my spot looking at him worriedly. "Take a seat." He instructed as his facial expression softened while I did as told before placing the tray next to my chair.

"So...what is this address?" I asked while pulling out the napkin and pointing to the first one as he didn't even acknowledge it.

"That's my house address. Be there tomorrow at nine sharp. I have business to handle back at my job, so I'll be leaving. Just deliver them to my house for me tonight, okay?" He asked while raising his eyebrow as I quietly pursed my lips together.

"Okay. Now go handle that business that you were talking about and please do not get charged with manslaughter for throwing somebody out of your office which is on the 40th floor. I'd hate that." I frowned as he chuckled quietly to himself before standing and pulling his wallet out of his pocket. He opened it quietly before pulling out a hundred dollar bill.

"But it's only about fifteen bucks." I gaped with wide eyes as he smirked before grabbing his gray suit jacket, which I hadn't noticed that he had taken off, and started walking towards the door.

"Keep the change, I'll see you tonight." He nodded while looking over his shoulder before exiting the cafe, leaving me somewhat shocked and surprised.