Chapter 4

Chapter 4

.

.

.

.

.

Gabriel's POV

As we entered the house, the familiar shriek echoed through the mansion loudly followed by small pitter patters as the little blonde haired beauty came running towards us. Squatting, I held my arms out as she flung into them before hugging my neck.

"Daddy! Welcome home!" She cheered as I stood up straight while holding her bottom before turning to Snow who was looking at me quite shocked. "Daddy, she's pretty." Chloe whispered as I smiled and nodded.

"I thought so too. Snow, this is my daughter Chloe. Chloe, this is your new friend Snow and that's her dog, Libby." I introduced as Chloe leaned down to get a better look at the dog before squealing loudly with a smile on her face. "Do you like the pretty doggy, baby?" I asked as she nodded excitedly. "Is she okay with children?" I asked while looking at Snow who still stood a few feet away with her mouth agape.

"Oh ye-yes she is." She stuttered while returning back to reality as a beautiful, heartwarming smile slipped onto her face before she held out her arms towards me. "May I hold her?" She asked, her eyes fixated on Chloe like she was her own daughter. Quietly nodding, I slowly handed my baby over to Snow as she gently took the child in her arms before smiling. "Do you want to pet her, darling?" She asked as Chloe nodded excitedly before Snow squatted down to be the same level with the dog. As Chloe extended her small little hand out towards the Great Dane, we were all surprised when Libby gently pressed her tongue up against her palm.

"She likes me, daddy!" Chloe shouted excitedly as Snow stood back up to our level before looking at me with curious eyes. "Would you like to go back to your daddy?" Snow asked her voice as gentle as a feather, while Chloe looked from me to her in a quick second as if she were deciding.

"No, bedtime story." Chloe whispered while leaning her head onto Snow's shoulder as I just stood in my spot looking completely shocked. It was Snow's first day meeting my daughter and they already like each other. I would be lying if I said I wasn't surprised.

"Umm...I'll take you to her bedroom." The assisting butler smiled while leading Snow and Chloe off towards the well lit hallway under the stairs. Turning, I looked over at Jordan who had a surprised look on his face followed by a knowing smirk at which I carelessly ignored before walking pass him and towards the kitchen.

"If Chloe likes her, then you're sure to fall in line." Jordan laughed while following behind me as I shook my head. "Oh! You don't think so? Let's see...how long has it been since you had sex?" He paused before roaring with laughter as I entered the kitchen before heading over to the fridge. "Almost three years! You must be sexually frustrated at this point in time and think about it. Snow is very beautiful, caring, she's even nurturing like a mother!" He shouted dramatically as a few butlers turned and looked at us with curious eyes.

"Don't mind us." I gestured as they all went back to doing what they were doing while I grabbed the unopened bottle of apple juice and closed the fridge door back before turning to Jordan. "You're being loud and that probably won't even be possible especially with that bitch breathing down my neck like I'm some dog." I growled while twisting the cap off and chugging some apple juice down.

"You mean your ex wife?" He asked as I nodded while putting the top back on the bottle before wiping my mouth. "Well...she is breathing down your neck. She gets jealous when your sister-in-law and niece come and visit you. Plus, she seems to be more focused on you than your daughter. Have you asked Chloe about her mother? If...you know...she's been abusing her." He whispered while squinting his bright green eyes in suspicion.

"I don't think she'll scoop that low to do that." I grunted while leaning back on one of the counters before looking over at Jordan who quietly pushed a wisp of his dark brown hair behind his ear while pushing his dark plastic framed glasses up on his face.

"She scooped low enough to hire what's her name to try and kill your sister-in-law." He scoffed as I looked at him for a second before squinting my eyes in suspicion.

"They said that Olivia didn't have any contact with anybody before she was killed." I grunted as Jordan raised his eyebrow as a smirk slid onto his face like a sneaky snake.

"You can always use more than one phone. There are several phones located everywhere. There's one in the maid's pocket, one in the stranger's hand standing outside the gate, there's even one over there!" He shouted while pointing to the house phone on the charger. "Do you really want to trust your ex wife and possible murderer with your baby girl? Wouldn't you prefer her to be with a woman who loves animals and children, who also holds that mothering look in her eyes? Plus, she's a hard worker from what her background check says. Hmmm...She also has a sickly mother who's currently hospitalized with tubes in her mouth and nose. Who do you think is better? Snow or your ex wife?" He hummed while looking at me from over the frames of his glasses.

"Shut up, Jordan." I hissed while rubbing my aching temples as he scoffed. "If I wanted to get Chloe a new mother, I would've already done it. And haven't I already told you about snooping through people's backgrounds?" I sighed as Jordan shrugged carelessly.

"You've already done so by hiring Snow and at least I checked her out before you brought her in here with my baby." He grunted while pushing up his glasses before smiling. "Now, our little princess should be asleep by now along with our new lady of the house. Want to go see?" He asked with a mischievous grin on his face as I raised my eyebrow. "Hurry up before I leave your ass." He growled as I quietly pushed off the counter before following him down the labyrinth of hallways.

"And how do you know about this?" I asked as he continued down the familiar hallway before stopping in front of a light brown wooden door that was decorated in unicorn stickers. He quietly placed a hand over the knob before turning it and pushing it open. There, lying in the bed was Chloe who was still dressed in her dark blue Frozen pajamas with Snow quietly embracing her.

"See." Jordan whispered while waving a hand towards Snow and Chloe who both were sound asleep. Gently shaking my head, I walked over to Chloe's closet before pulling it open and grabbing one of her princess blankets. Quietly closing the closet back, I turned and walked over to the side of the bed where Snow was before laying the blanket on her while looking at the sight before me.

"I might." I whispered while walking pass Jordan who still stood in his place with a knowing smirk on his face.

------------------
A/N:

This chapter is not edited and may not make sense in some places but I've been really busy with cleaning my computer and helping out my grandmother. Also, if you're a tad bit confused on whom Scarlett and Lucy are, the book, That Beautiful Mistake, explains it all.

Alrighty, the next chapter shall be up tonight or tomorrow.

Enjoy! And don't forget to vote and comment!

aM~/љ