Chapter 17

Chapter 17
.

.

.

.
Four Years Before~

"Snow, Snow." Anthony called out as I quietly hurried down the stairs of the unusual empty cottage. It was late afternoon on a Thursday evening, a few hours after I had got home from school. As soon as I had arrived home from the treacherous day of being a senior in highschool, I was only greeted by the quietness of the cottage unlike the other times where I was greeted by the scents of my mother's sweet desserts and the loud, odd sounds of my older siblings acting a fool in the living room.

But, today. Today was different. Today felt odd.

Quickly following the sound of my brother's shuffling, I ended up in his room as he quickly shuffled through his clothes that were once held neatly in his dresser. His once well kept dark brown curls were now a tousled mess upon his head. Without a single glance, he continued to toss clothing in all directions. Underwear, shirts, boxers, shorts, joggers. They all went flying past his head, almost hitting me in the face. Just as I thought that he was going to toss another pair of boxers my way, he stopped abruptly before pulling out a roll of rubber banded money.

"Anthony. What's going on? Where's everybody? Where's mom?" I questioned as he quickly turned on the heel of his shoes before his dark blue eyes landed on me. For the first time in my eighteen years of life, this was the first time that I saw my older brother look like this. His once cheerful dark blue eyes that once held life now were red and puffy with barely a little life left. As he quickly wiped at his tearstained face, he somehow mustered up a lopsided smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"Oh..um mom's out shopping with Mimi." He whispered which quickly signaled that he was lying. One thing that I always knew about Anthony, he never whispered unless he was lying. As we continued to stare at each other, his lopsided smile slowly began to falter before he started sobbing loudly while covering his face with his hands. "Mom....hospital...Mimi...oh god." He sobbed as I quickly hurried over and embraced his large 6'2" frame even though I was still shorter than him.

"Calm down, Tony." I whispered, using the nickname we gave him when we were younger, as he held onto me for dear life. "What happened to mom and Mimi?" I questioned while gently stroking down his curls as he slowly began to become quiet.

"Earlier today while you were at school, Mimi and mom went out shopping but didn't really finish. Mom passed out at the market and was rushed to the hospital. Snow, mom has rectal cancer." He whispered while squeezing me lightly. Today was the ending of a beautiful put together family.

After that, mom was never home. It was like the hospital was her new home, but the bills became so overwhelming. They were so high that I had to take on two jobs until I left our hometown and moved to New York where Scarlett was. After three years of treatments, my mother's health seemed to be getting better until the doctors discover a tumor located near her lung. It seemed as if the world hated us the most.

[~~~]

Present Day (Four and a half Months Along)

Sighing, I slowly packed the rest of my clothes into the last suitcase while smiling over at Mimi who was now 7 months along.

"Are you ready for this?" She questioned while staring at me and absentmindedly rubbing her outstretched baby bump. "Are you ready to face your lover again?" She added with a small smile on her face as I nodded excitedly.

"I don't know if its my hormones or my emotions but I'm excited to see him again. I just-" I squealed, cutting myself off, while clapping my hands excitedly like a little kid on Christmas. "If dad were here right now, he'd probably be the proudest father alive and the greatest grandfather who would love to take his grandchildren on outdoors trip in the backyard. I miss that old man." I whispered while smiling. When I was about five years old, our father was on his way home from work one night when a drunk driver came crashing into him, killing him upon impact.

"That's true, he was a very proud man." Anthony whispered from the doorway, pulling me from my thoughts as I turned and looked at him before smiling. "Now, no more tears for today. Its time to go ladies before Oscar gets impatient." He chuckled while helping up Mimi before picking up our luggage with ease. As we quietly exited the room that was once mines, we descended down the sturdy yet old oakwood stairs before walking out the front door, meeting up with Oscar who was leaning back on Mimi's red Prius V before pushing himself off of it to retrieve some of our luggage from Anthony. After they tucked everything into the boot, we hopped into the car.

"We ready?" Oscar questioned while glancing from Anthony to us while we buckled up.

"Ready." We answered from the backseat as Anthony turned around and handed us each a bottled water with our prenatal medicines.

[~~~]
A Few Hours Later~

Gabriel's POV

Sighing quietly, I tucked my hands in the pockets of my jacket while hurrying into the store as the rain began to pelt down on the people walking on the sidewalks. It had been a few months since I last spoke to Snow and it was driving me crazy. But I had to keep my mindset on my baby especially since I stopped drinking for now. I currently had to go buy some more medication for Chloe so that she'd get better from the cold that she had caught.

Pushing my thoughts away, I quietly walked through the large store, searching for the pharmacy before I stopped in my tracks. There, standing with her back to me was an angel in an oversized light pink knitted sweater. Her familiar curly brown hair was cascading down her back like it had a few months back when I last saw her. As I was about to approach her, some guy walked up to her with a smile on his face.

Who the hell was he?

"Snow, is this what you were talking about?" He asked while holding up a packet of Lipton Green Tea. She turned her head and looked at it before humming.

"Hmmm. Yes and no. You forgot something. Show me where you grabbed that from." She stated while turning and following behind him as I noticed the small roundness of her stomach. She was pregnant? With his baby? "Oscar, we might need green tea more often." She laughed from further down the aisle as I could feel the anger boiling up inside of me. Why? Did she hate me that much?

After grabbing Chloe's medicine, I stormed out of there, not wanting to be anywhere near Snow.

/////\\\\\/////

Happy Thanksgiving/Turkey Day!

I bring to you a well needed update. If its confusing, I apologize. This chapter has not been edited.

What are your thoughts so far?

Vote, comment, and enjoy!~

Love you guys and women!

Andrea :3