Chapter 16

Chapter 16
.

.

.

.

Gabriel's POV

A Few Weeks Later~

I sat at my desk, quietly chugging down another bottle of whiskey as I stared at the letter that Snow had left me after the night we spent together. In big bold cursive handwriting, she wrote:

Dear Gabriel,

I will forever miss your touch, your love, and the silly faces you make whenever you're trying to cheer up Chloe and I. I know that this is sudden, but I told you before that I would have to leave. I hope you're not taking this too hard. I want you to know that I will be back, I promise but it won't be anytime soon. Stay handsome for me!~

- Snow

Sighing, I pushed the paper away from me as I pulled open the envelope from the court. It seemed as if the jury believed the statements and looked over the pictures carefully because it took them almost 5 weeks to make a choice. As the result, I got full custody of Chloe and Carrie doesn't get any visiting rights. To make things a little better, she was charged and jailed for child abuse.

"Gabriel?" The tall lanky butler questioned while walking into my office. "You need to stop. Stop and think about Chloe. You're her only trusted guardian now. You're all that she has and you're sitting here drinking your life away while she's still at her grandmother's wondering what's going on and where's her father when she needs him." Jordan stated firmly while picking up an empty bottle of Vodka from the floor. As he quietly made his way around the office, he picked up at least five bottles before dumping them loudly into the garbage bin beside my desk.

"Jordan. She hates me. They hate me. I just...I just need some time to firmly grasp the situation before me. I feel selfish for wanting her all for myself, but I know that I can't take her away from her family especially at a critical time like this. They need each other and I need more booze to wash away my selfish thoughts." I whispered while tipping up the last bit of whiskey before laying my head down on the desk.

"Gabriel, you're taking this too hard. It's okay to want to feel this way towards Snow because you love her with all of your heart as she does with you but it'd be best to relax and enjoy the time apart. It's something that all couples need. Married or not." Jordan whispered while gently patting my back like a mother. "And if you continue to drink like an old alcoholic, I will put your ass in rehab without a second thought." He whispered with little humor in his voice. He was serious. More serious then normal.

"Thanks, Jordan." I whispered while closing my eyes quietly.

"No, you are not going to sleep in here again. Let's go." Jordan commanded while pulling me up with a strength that I never knew he possessed. With a firm hand on my back and the other holding my right arm that was currently draped over his neck, he quietly proceeded to lead me out of the office.

"Where did this strength come from, friend?" I questioned while staggering towards him as he continued to hold me upright like I wasn't even heavy even though I was nearing 200 pounds.

"When you have a husband who thinks its funny to get drunk after work and then come home, you start doing this every night. Getting stronger as the days passed." He chuckle while slowly leading me up the stairs.

"I can relate but without the husband part. Jasper used to be like that. He took it hard. His past was rough even while trying to run one of our father's businesses while trying to balance the pressure of becoming a father on his shoulders. He was a mess, but became even worse when he found out that the life that was going to become his daughter, slipped right through his fingers." I mumbled, thinking back to the times that Jasper got so drunk that the bartender had to call me to pick him up. Now, I knew exactly how he felt.

"Jasper took that upon himself. It takes two to tango and he willingly did it. She didn't force him, all she wished from him was love but she didn't get that from him, she received it from Jackson a few years later after she found herself pregnant with his child. In the end, everything is different. You've all changed and grew up. Well some of you." He grunted while referring to Mary as I nodded quietly to myself. "But, Jasper had to go through rehab to realize his mistakes and errors. It helped him to become a better person. Must I enroll you into it too?" He questioned as he pushed open my bedroom door before pulling me over to the bed. As he helped me down onto it, I sighed and took a deep breath.

"No, I'm fine. I just need to rest and think some more." I whispered while undoing the dark red tie before unbuttoning my dress shirt. "It's about time I calmed myself down." I whispered while pulling off my shoes and laying down.

[~~~]

Snow's POV

The Same Day~

"Butterfly, breath. Okay." Mimi whispered while firmly stroking my long dark brown hair as I quietly leaned on the dark blue tiled wall of my bathroom, staring down at the multiple sticks lining the sink.

"Mimi, I'm nervous. I'm seriously nervous. How could I? I'm not even mature enough!" I shouted while holding my face in my hands as took several deep breaths. "Mimi." I whispered quietly as she gently rubbed circles on my back with her soft yet long skinny fingers.

"Times up." She whispered into my ear as I sighed quietly while removing my hands from my face while tiptoeing towards the sink, peering at each individual stick. On all four different pregnancy tests, each held a nice pink or blue plus sign. "It'll be fine, butterfly. You have us all and I promise you won't be alone." She whispered as I gently picked up one of the sticks while sighing quietly.

"I figured there was something wrong with me when my menstrual cycle didn't come on this month. I don't think I'll be able to tell Gabriel yet. Well soon but not yet." I whispered while touching my flat stomach with my hand.

We were going to have a baby.

/////\\\\\/////\\\\\

Surprise :)

This chappie is not edited, so there might be minor mistakes especially with me calling Gabriel, Jackson.

I will be pushing this book a little faster than what it is at the moment but I'm sure you guys and gals wouldn't mind :3

I also exposed a little bit of Jasper and Scarlett's lovely past here so please don't get you panties in a wedgie because I switched up the topic. I actually have readers who will genuinely get upset, I know but that is how I slowly began to build up to something.

Okay! I'm finished lecturing.

Vote, comment, and enjoy!~

Andrea~