Chapter 5

Chapter 5
.

.

.

.

.

.
The Next Morning~

Snow's POV

"Swiper, no, Swiper!" The familiar voice shouted followed by a cute little giggle. "Dora!" She shouted as I slowly opened my eyes to see the familiar little body sitting up on the bed watching tv.

"Goodmorning, Chloe." I whispered while sitting up as she turned around quickly before launching at me with her arms open. I easily caught her in my arms as she hugged my neck.

"Morning sleepy!" She giggled as I hugged her back before pulling away to look at her cute little face. "Uncle wants us to come down and eat breakfast!" She smiled while crawling off of me as I stood up and stretched my tired muscles.

"Your uncle? Is he here in the house?" I asked while kneeling down as she hopped onto my back and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Yes. I show him to you." She whispered as I nodded quietly before walking out of her room. "Left." She instructed as I turned left before continuing down the hallway. "Into the light." She whispered while pointing a small finger towards the exiting where the lighting was a lot brighter. The closer we got, the more I noticed the stairs.

"Goodmorning, Chloe!!" A tall slender guy greeted while running towards us with a smile on his face. His long dark brown hair was pulled back in a ponytail as his bright green eyes stared at us excitedly from behind a pair of dark framed glasses. "Goodmorning, Miss Grayson!" He greeted once he was standing in front of us.

"Goodmorning, Uncle!" Chloe greeted while extending her small hand out as she grasped a handful of his short dark brown bangs. "Where's daddy?" She asked, sounding a little sad.

"Your daddy had to go handle some business but he wanted me to tell you to get dressed for lunch this afternoon along with you too, Miss Grayson." He smiled as I nodded, slightly confused. "Alright, ladies. Lets get your bellies full off of my delicious pancakes and than prepared for this morning's activities." He added while gently pulling me towards the kitchen. Once we were seated next to each other, a large plate was placed down in front of me filled with chocolate chip pancakes.

[~~~]

After breakfast was finished and Chloe and I were dressed in Summer casualties which consisted of some king of designer sandals, different colored knee high skirts, and matching white flimsy shirts. Staring down at Chloe, I smiled.

"Girl, you look gorgeous!" I exclaimed as she looked up at me and smiled, showing her little white teeth.

"Thank you!" She smiled while grasping my fingers as we walked towards the front door where Jordan told us to go. As we approached it, the door swung open to reveal an aggravated looking Gabriel with a jet black business suit on. "Hi, Daddy!" Chloe greeted while smiling at him as his expression softened when he noticed us.

"Hi, baby girl. Where are you two about to go?" He asked while looking from Chloe to me with a curious look in his eyes as I smiled at him. "Jordan. I'm guessing he's involved?" He added while rubbing his temples.

"Yes. And we're going to the beach. Wanna come?" I asked while looking up at him as he looked at me with the same curious look on his face before sighing quietly to himself.

"Sure, why not." He shrugged while squatting down to his daughter's level. "We can spend our day together for once." He whispered while kissing her forehead as she started giggling. "I'll go change and than we can leave." He smiled while standing back up before smiling at me. With one quick glance, he walked pass us and up the stairs.

"Yay! Daddy's coming to the beach with us!" She cheered in excitement as I smiled down at her. "Mommy, will I get a brother?" She asked while looking up at me as I just stood in my spot with wide eyes.

"Uhh...Chloe, darling. What about your mom? Shouldn't you be asking her that?" I questioned while bending down to her level as she shook her head.

"No, you're my mommy. My other mommy didn't want me. She called me mean things." She whispered as her eyes glossed over before the tears started pouring down her face.

"Shh. Come here, baby." I whispered while holding my arms open as she ran into them before wrapping her arms around my neck. "It's okay, I won't let her near you anymore. I promise." I whispered as she continued to cry.

"What's going on? What's wrong?" Gabriel asked while hurrying down the stairs as I picked up Chloe before turning to look at him. Instead of the black business suit he had on before, he was now wearing a Hawaiian floral print button up shirt that was unbuttoned to reveal his nice toned abs with dark brown khakis. As his bare feet thudded towards us, I gently soothed Chloe.

"Chloe's mother. She's been saying hurtful things toward her and she actually told Chloe that she doesn't want her. What kind of mother tells that to their child?" I asked while frowning as Gabriel sported the same frown.

"Chloe, baby. Did your mommy actually tell you that?" He asked as Chloe nodded her head before his frown deepened. "Did she ever hit you?" He added while Jordan came back through the front door before quietly closing the door behind him. Chloe nodded to us as Gabriel took a deep breath before looking directly at me.

"I'll take Chloe out while you go handle things." I whispered while stroking Chloe's light blonde curls as he looked at me like he was unsure of it. "I'll take good care of her." I added as he sighed quietly to himself.

"What's your number?" He asked while pulling his Galaxy out of his pocket before looking up at me. After I gave him my number, me and Chloe left in one of his spare cars.

"Mommy, where are we going?" Chloe asked from her carseat while I kept my eyes on the road. "Please." She whispered while leaning forward in her carseat.

"We're gonna go enjoy some ice cream together. Just me, you, and Libby." I smiled as I looked over at the Great Dane who was buckled up in the passenger's seat with the wind gently blowing over her snout. "Than we can go enjoy our afternoon at the beach before we go with your daddy." I added while looking into the rear view mirror as Chloe cheered excitedly.