Chapter 14

Chapter 14
.

.

.

.

.

.
The Next Morning~

Gabriel's POV

"Gabriel, wake up. It's time for you to wake up or you'll be late to get to the court." Jordan shouted while shaking me roughly as I quickly pushed his hands away before opening my eyes, only to stare up at the hanging dark drapes of my canopy bed.

"How did I get here? I thought I was in my study." I mumbled while slowly sitting up as my head started throbbing like crazy. "Fuck!" I cursed while holding my head with both of my hands as Jordan quietly watched on.

"I brought you here with your heavy ass and what you're feeling at the moment is your hangover from the whiskey you devoured down yesterday. It wouldn't have been that bad if you drunk a little bit of it but the whole damn bottle? Yeah, you'll be going through hell today, so get your grumpy ass up and get dressed. I don't have time to put up with that woman calling and talking shit to me." Jordan growled while frowning. It seemed like he was in a grumpy mood today.

"What crawled up your ass today?" I questioned while sliding off of the bed, quietly walking pass Jordan and into the walk in closet. "Something's got you all worked up, so spill it already." I grunted while pulling off the clothes that I had on yesterday before pulling on one of my many gray business suits.

"The paparazzi published a shitty ass story about you and I. And it just seems that my husband just so happened to read it. And to make things worse, Carrie's been calling the house line talking shit about how all of this will be her's soon. These people are fucking driving me insane!" He roared, his usual mischievousness now full of rage and fury that was ready to be released on somebody.

"Jordan." I grunted while holding my head again as his voice sounded ten times louder than it was. "Calm down, I'll get Jackson to handle the paparazzi for me. For today, go home and relax. Try to talk it out with your husband and tell him the truth." I nodded while turning back to look at him as his frown softened a little before he sighed.

"I guess you're right. I'll be back later on tonight. Good luck with that bitch!" Jordan hissed while running out of the room as I made my way to the bathroom to clean myself up a little bit.

[~~~]

Half an Hour Later~

Quietly tapping on the table, I frowned at the bitch that began shouting out unnecessary shit. Spouting out shit like how Snow did this and did that. And to make it worse, the pain killers weren't helping with my hangover.

"The money that I sent him for our child was used on that whore who constantly beats my daughter!" Carrie roared as I slammed my hands down on the table.

"It's all lies! You lying woman! Tell them the fucking truth about what you did to Chloe!" I shouted, pushing pass the loud thumping of my headache. It just only seemed to make it worse for me as the judge shouted for us to quiet down while hitting his gravel against his podium.

"Mister Sampson and Miss Dubou, sit down and quiet yourselves before I settle this case quickly!" He threatened as I quietly sat down while rubbing the stubble of my chin, already aggravated about this whole situation. "Since I've heard your side of the story," He sighed while looking at Carrie before turning his attention to me, "it's your turn." He nodded while leaning back in his chair as Angela and I nodded to each other before she stood up and walked to the front of the court with the gray folder in her hand. "Hello again, Angela." The judge greeted her with a nod and a smile as she returns his smile before straightening her gray suit jacket.

"Hello, your honor. I'd like to call Carrie Dubou to the stand for questioning." She stated while sharply turning to glance at Carrie who stiffened in her seat as the judge nodded sternly while staring at Carrie suspiciously. As Carrie approached the stand, I quietly propped my elbows on the table while lacing my hands together. After Carrie swore under the oath and promised to tell the truth, she took her seat as her hazel eyes trained on me. "Miss Carrie." Angela stated while quietly walking towards her with the folder slightly opened between her middle and index finger. "When Chloe Sampson was in your care during the weekends, what did you two do? Did you take her out and spend time with her or did you abandon her with a complete stranger?" She questioned as Carrie frowned.

"We spent time together like any other mother and child. I took her out to places." Carrie stated, her frown still visible on her face as Angela hummed a response.

"What type of activities did you do to Chloe?" She questioned, her wording was like some secret code that quickly clicked in my head.

"Nothing dangerous, just baking, drawing, and her favorite, napping." She smiled as Angela and I could see through her lies.

"That's enough for now. I have no further questioning. You can go take a seat, Miss Dubou." Angela nodded as Carrie quickly hurried back to her seat before turning to the judge and nodding. "I'd like to submit evidence to the court with a statement from both the father and the daughter." She nodded while handing over the gray folder to the judge who quietly took it and opened it up before skimming over the papers and pictures until his facial expression gave it all away. He was beyond furious.

"For the moment, I'll call for a forty-five minute recess while I meet with the jury. If you decide upon leaving the courthouse, be back before its time for us to start or this case will be ruled." He shouted while slamming his gravel as I quickly stood up before rushing out of the courthouse.

[~~~]

Snow's POV

Slowly unlocking the door, I pushed it open as Libby ran pass me and into the living room of my apartment. As I quietly closed the door behind me, I flipped on the lights before glancing around at the untouched yet clean apartment. Sighing, I walked farther into the threshold not before sitting our luggage by the door.

"Libby, where did you go, baby doll?" I called out as she began to bark loudly from the kitchen while I began making my way towards her. As I entered the kitchen, I noticed her wagging her tail frantically while staring from the cabinet towards me as I smiled and took a plate out of the nearby cupboard before pulling out a can of wet gourmet dog food. As I spooned some onto the plate, my phone began to vibrate frequently in my pocket as I pulled it out to answer it.

"Snow, I need you to get back here as soon as possible. Mom's surgery went okay but we've been told that her treatment has been paid for and that she can be treated soon!" Oscar cheered while breathing heavily as I placed the plate down in front of Libby who started digging in.

"That's great! I'll be back right after I finish up some things here." I sighed as Oscar understood and hung up. Sighing again, I leaned back against the counter as my mind started showing me memories of my lover up until the moment we made love. Shaking my head, I quickly opened my eyes as the doorbell began ringing loudly. Quickly scurrying to the door, I unlocked it before pulling it open to be met by the handsome devil himself. Gabriel. Before any words could escape my mouth of how much I missed him, he firmly pressed his lips to mines as his arms enlaced around my waist.

/~~~~~\~~~~~/~~~~~\

Yes, this chapter is well overdue. I'm sorry, I've been stuck with tons and tons of homework. And this chapter partially does not make any sense starting at Snow's part, I know but this story will be edited once I'm completely finished writing out the entire book.

What do you think so far? Are they moving too fast?

Any rude comments will be deleted and I'll block and report you. Gracias.

Vote, comment, and enjoy!~