The Ticking Stops.

"Oh my god!"

"Kate, calm down—"

"Why is that counting down? And why is it only ten minutes long?!"

"It's okay!" Cat raised her voice, her ears were still buzzing. She tried to use her powers, but they were unresponsive. "Oh, shit."

Spider-man tensed. "What?"

Something cold slipped down Cat's back. "My inhibitor's been activated again."

"Then turn it off," Kate turned to Spidey. "Turn it off!"

Kurt coughed, he tried to get up but he fell, he was severely malnourished and beaten. They needed to get him treated as soon as possible. 

"What's that noise?" He mumbled. 

The use of his powers in such a weak state drained him for the rest of the night. Probably the rest of the week. Cat picked up her beeper and stared at it without knowing what to do.

"C..." Peter's voice was getting higher. "It doesn't turn off!"

"They must've made a backup... those assholes may be animals, but they have brains—"

"Cat if we don't do something, you're going to blow up the whole building, including us!" Kate urged her. "Think!"

Cat could feel their wide-eye gazes, and her body reacted before she could think it through. Peter's senses seemed to catch up, cause he tried to reach out for her at the last second. 

"Don't—!"

The mutant kicked him away and got up, running as fast as she could in the opposite direction with the young man closely following behind. Kate screamed at her, but she wasn't running, the archer had stayed to help Kurt, and she hoped Spider-man could handle Copycat alone.

Peter tackled her, and Cat fought to get out of his grip. She realized then that they were on Midtown High's rooftop.

"STOP FOLLOWING ME!"

She snatched E.D.I.T.H. out of his face with one hand and punched his nose with the other, the hero lost balance and Cat crawled away from him. Back on her feet, she slid down the emergency ladder, jumping off and landing on the grass. She then put on the Stark glasses.

"Hi, C.C."

"Hi, babe," she panted, still running. "Russo's location?"

A map appeared in the lenses only for her to see, she could hear Spider-man still chasing her. Russo was moving fast, he was far, if only she could be faster... if she could have her powers back for just a second...

"Stop trying to die!" Peter said, swinging from a building.

"I promise this is the last time!" She yelled, rounding up a corner.

The beeper was still firmly in her hand, and it was making strange choppy static noises. Cat pressed the comm button and spoke close to the artefact.

"Hi, Webs three!" She stumbled but quickly gathered herself up. "If you're hearing this—" a big piece of junk flew over her head, she glanced over her shoulder. "Stop throwing stuff at me!" Cat turned back ahead, running straight to an open street. "Anyway, Parker, go back to your universe—!"

The collar was triggered and an electric shock made her lose her footing. She'd crossed the street without paying attention, and if Harley had seen her, he would've yelled "I told you so". A truck was about to run her over, Cat closed her eyes out of instinct...

Spider-man lifted her up just in time, he wrapped his arm firmly around her middle and she wrapped her legs around his hips, now he was swinging them forward following the street below. Cat gasped for air, and the cold filled her lungs without M.O.U.S.E. there to protect her.