Resurrection

"You've been in Wakanda before, is there anything we should know about?"

Cat put the last of her new armor on and looked at Namora. 

"Let's focus the damage on their vigilance towers. It'll be like fighting with their eyes closed. And if you want to isolate the queen, the further from the palace, the better."

"Very well," Namora handed her a spear. "Fight with honor, we face our opponents, we never stab them in the back."

Cat stared at the weapon, she did not wish to use it... not if she was bound to betray them, it was an insult.

"Co'kat," Namor approached her. "You look more comfortable than I would have expected."

"I never stay anywhere for long," she looked up. "I ran out of places to hide on the surface... makes sense that now I'm here."

"Soon you will have no need to hide," he assured her. 

Cat stared at her claws and remembered how they looked after healing Parker, at least she was comforted by what he'd said before, that he didn't blame her for what she did trying to make things right. 

"Is it really necessary to kill the queen?" Cat asked tiredly.

"We don't make a massacre," Namor told her. "I warned her of what would happen if she tried to find us. She did not listen. I'm a man of word."

That was reason enough, Cat couldn't speak against it. "I'm sorry it came to this..." she said, and she really meant it.

"Me too," Namor looked back at his warriors, all getting ready. "But we are the leaders of a cause, we cannot turn our back on injustice."

"No sir, you are right," her expression toughened. "I'm ready."

***

Cat and Namor watched as the civilians evacuated the city and did nothing to stop them. "Where is their palace?" The man asked. Cat pointed to his left. On the shore, Namora and several warriors were waiting for them.

"The defenses have been lured away from the palace," Namora informed him. "It's up to you now."

A Wakandan came out of nowhere and tried to attack Namor from the back, he lifted his arm and broke the man's lance, then punched a hole through his wooden armor. Several aircrafts started to shoot from above, and the warriors went back underwater. Namor and Cat stayed on the surface.

"I'll take them down," he told Cat. "Make sure they stay there."

Cat teleported while Namor flew from one ship to the other cutting their wings and damaging as many of the shells as possible. She entered each one almost at Quicksilver's speed, teleporting out of them the people and leaving them all in the same spot, tying their arms and feet together with a rope Namora had provided.

It did not take them long to take down the whole army. Cat spotted Shuri flying towards them. "The princess is moving!" She announced. 

Namor looked up from the bridge where he was standing. Now the queen was alone for certain. Cat slipped out of sight, she took off the armor and left her weapons there. An explosion caught her attention, Namor had attacked.

"Queen Ramonda," she muttered anxiously. 

Cat teleported to the palace, which was already flooded, and she dived in. Both Riri and the queen were unconscious. She got to the queen first and teleported her out of the water, then she returned and seized the young girl. When she teleported out, Cat found Namor standing next to the queen, and with no hesitation, he stabbed the woman with his spear.