C.C. Lives An "If".

Parker got up the next day in no mood to be a real person. He dragged his feet in the direction of the couch and sat down beside her, she placed a cup of tea in front of him.

"You didn't tell me if you got it," she reminded him.

"Get what?" Her friend said sleepily.

"A date for prom," Cat rolled her eyes. "What were you looking for last night, genius?"

He groaned. "Yeah, I got it."

"Where is it?"

"My suit."

She went to the bathroom, searched in the pockets of his spider-man attire, pulled out a vial that had no web fluid in it, and went back to the room to get her coat. "I'll be right back."

"Where are you going?" Parker straightened in his seat and winced a little, he'd pulled on the stitches on accident.

"To put this in your computer," she replied, shaking the vial in her hand. "Rest, you need to get better if you wanna help me."

"I'm okay," he tried to get up.

"You get up and I'll break your kneecaps," she snapped.

Parker sat down again, his hands up in surrender and wincing again.

"Good boy," she nodded once. "Be right back."

_______________

Nursing Parker back to health was tough work, he couldn't stay still for long enough. He lacked what Cat liked to call common sense. She'd also tried to run while severely injured the night he'd come back, but at least back then she had an excuse to be running.

At least his metabolism was considerably faster than a regular human's, so by the end of the week, his injury was nothing but a pinkish scar. She hadn't offered to help him clean the wound after the first night, she didn't trust she'd be able to keep her hands on safe territory, standing so close to him while half-naked.

If her Peter could see her now, he'd tease her endlessly, fighting against the urge to throw herself at a different version of the boy felt like a cruel joke, to have Peter Parker back only to lose him again. Next to having a family, having Spider-man around was always good comfort, but this was just inconvenient. He wanted her, and she still didn't understand why, when she was so problematic.

"I'm back!" Parker announced from the bathroom. 

The young woman was in the kitchen, staring at the young man's laptop with a scowl hoping it would feel pressured to work faster. She didn't reply to her friend at all, too focused on her task. Parker walked into the room with nothing but a white shirt and his boxers, too used to her presence to actually care about wearing proper clothes.

"Always great to be welcomed warmly," he joked.

Cat's eyes were glued to the screen. "My tech wouldn't have taken this long to crack into a defense satellite."

"Yeah, yeah, your world's much cooler than mine," he walked up to her and stared at the laptop over her shoulder. "We still have better doughnuts."

"I said that one time and you take it like an absolute truth," she walked away from the kitchen. "You ate?"

"No, but I'm too tired for that," he yawned. "You?"

"Hungry or tired?"

"Your pick."

"I'm bored."

"Told you to come with me," he said, joining her in the living room.

"I don't want people to get used to me. Imagine the bad guys preparing to fight two of you but there's only one, they would kill you—"