An Awkward Reunion.

Daredevil was always the easiest to find if you knew him well enough. He wasn't hiding, to begin with. Parker insisted he had to join to make sure she was safe, but Cat knew he just wanted to meet the guy that had been her "partner" during the five years of the blip.

"You sure he'll show up?" Parker asked. "This place has a terrible look."

"This place is alright," she differed. "Why are you still here?"

"I wanna meet Daredevil."

"What for?"

"Because."

"You're being petty."

"I'm being a good friend, and you're childish."

"How am I childish? I'm not the one who's throwing a tantrum!"

Peter tilted his head and vaguely pointed at the two of them. "Did you guys sleep together?"

Cat shot him a warning glare, but before she could reply in her sarcastic fashion, a red figure landed at the end of the alleyway and stood in the dark.

"Stop screaming or you'll catch everyone's attention," the man spoke. "What are you doing here?"

"We like the smell of trash," Cat retorted in a bad mood.

Matthew sighed. "You're alive. Who's that with you?"

She looked at the other men next to her. "They're my emotional support. We need your help."

The man wasn't amused. "What did you do now?"

She clenched her jaw. "Listen, I have nowhere to go and Spider-man risked too much already so he can't hide me—"

"Hide you?" Matt interrupted her. "You're hiding?"

"Yes," then she added as an afterthought, "I can explain."

"I'm sure you can," he said, turning away. "I'm not sure I wanna hear it."

"That's fair." Cat looked at her friends, then walked forward and stopped him from leaving. "Look, bad things happened since the last time we saw each other— I mean really fucked up things, and I'm not asking you to fix them—"

"You never do—"

"I just need to stay in a place where I won't be found. At least until I get a new suit."

"Who's looking for you?" Cat didn't respond. "Where is Kurt, or Harley? Why are you here?"

"Kurt's off the planet, and Harley..." she shook her head. "He doesn't know I'm here. I have to keep it that way for a little longer."

Matt let out a scoff, he wasn't going to give up an opportunity to tell her "I told you so".

"You have a lot of explaining to do."

"Give me time and I'll tell you everything."

"What about them?" He vaguely pointed at the men behind her.

"Webs has his own place— the other guy will go back to where he came from."

"He's quite tense," Matt gestured at Parker.

"Quit sniffing!" She demanded, flicking his chest. "I don't want people to look out their windows and hear our conversation."

Matt shook his head, staring —or at least that's how it looked like— down at his feet. Cat knew his answer before he'd even said anything.

***

Peter looked around the rooftop with approval, he was wearing his spidey suit, Matt was still Daredevil, and Parker and Cat were in civilian clothes. To see them all in the same place was a little weird.