The Amazing Copycat.

Cat woke up feeling happy. She stretched on the bed and opened her eyes a little, finding Parker face down and drooling on his pillow. "Ugh, men," she groaned. "Way to ruin the view..."

The mutant pushed the blankets off and dragged her feet until she reached the bathroom, making a beeline to the mirror. Of her injuries and bruises now there were only small and dispersed scars across the skin.

Behind her, hanging from the shower curtain, was her brand-new suit. She examined it intently: the old logo was there in red above the blue fabric, Parker had added his own style to it, now the claw marks were on the sides, making it look like a spider with thin, hairy legs.

She heard the young man stirring on the bed and Cat ran towards it, jumping over to make him bounce. He groaned in response. "Get up, sleepy head!" She tickled his ear with a lock of her hair. "You promised your aunt we'd have breakfast at her place!"

"What time is it?" He mumbled against the pillow. 

"Eight? Maybe seven?" She looked at the clock on his nightstand. "Ah, six in the morning."

He whined, blinking away his sleepiness and trying to focus on her face. "You're not a morning person, why are you awake?"

"I can be a morning person if I want to."

"No. You've been sleeping till noon for weeks."

"I was depressed."

He buried his face in the pillow. "It's Sunday, C.C..."

"C.C?" She teased him. "Not Janie?"

"You're C.C. when you annoy me."

"C'moooon! You promised May!" She shook him.

Parker's grumble turned into a loud groan as he pushed himself up and threw a pillow at her, which she pushed away in disgust since it was the one he'd drooled all over. "If there is no coffee waiting for me once I get out of the shower," he warned her. "I'm turning your suit into swimming trunks."

***

Cat walked into the woman's home holding a box of doughnuts. "I hope you didn't cook a lot, 'cause we're eating the whole dozen today!"

"Hi, kiddos!" May welcomed her with a hug, her attention moved to the tall young man behind her. "Peter, you look exhausted!"

"I am tired. Jane woke me up by jumping on the bed like a kid on Christmas— two hours before it was even dawn!" He said grumpily.

"That is not true!" She laughed. "It wasn't dark outside, I swear!"

Cat was quick to take a seat while Parker and May cooked breakfast. Witnessing their interactions reminded her of Happy and her when she was in high school. Morgan was bound to have the same experience with her tutors.

"Jane?"

She gave a start. "Yes?"

"I asked if you wanted milk," Parker said with an inquisitive look.

"Milk. Yeah, thank you."

He nodded, brows still furrowed.

***

"Can't believe in all the years you've lived in New York, you've never been to the library!"

"Why would I? I don't go to school since I was a teen," she snorted. "Besides, Mouse always..." she wondered if Kate was still in possession of her A.I. and if they'd found Russo after she vanished. If Kurt was even alive...