Surprises.

"Kate?" 

The archer beamed at the sight of her. Cat rushed over to the girl and wrapped her arms around her. "It's so good to see you!" Kate held her tightly.

"What are you doing here?" Cat cupped her face in disbelief. "I thought—" She turned to look at Peter, but he was nowhere to be found. "What the..."

"Spidey said I had to come," Kate explained grinning. "I really wanted to see you."

Cat shook her head in incredulity, she laughed a little. "You're such a sight for sore eyes," she squeezed her cheeks gently, caressing the skin with her thumbs. "Beautiful as always."

Kate blushed. "I'd missed you."

"I'd missed you too."

"But you didn't call," Kate pointed out playfully.

Cat leaned her head against Kate's shoulder and wrapped her arms around the girl's waist. "I'm sorry. I've been going nonstop from one place to the other— I caught Russo—"

"I heard. Yelena found out like two days ago," Kate stroke her back lovingly. "Good job."

"Thank you," she sighed. "Now all I have to do is wait for Kraven."

Kate moved her away from her shoulder. "Why aren't you trying to seek him out?"

"Cause I'm talking to you," Cat replied jokingly.

"Oh, shut up!" Kate threw her head back. "I'm trying so hard to get over you and you're not helping!"

"I'm sorry," she repeated, though this time she was smiling guiltily. "I never get over anyone I date, I collect them all like Pokemon and see who's up for round two."

"That'll do it," Kate pushed her face away playfully. "Back off." Cat moved her hand away laughing, and Kate continued. "I heard you're staying at your ex's place, don't try to trick me into a threesome—"

"Oh my god," Cat laughed louder. "Who said that? I wouldn't!"

"I don't believe you," she chortled. "Clint warned me about you and I didn't listen, this is what I get."

"All of you acting like you don't love me," Cat frowned. "That's insulting. I'm way too pretty to be treated like this."

Kate's eyes softened, she cupped her face again and kissed her cheek. "You're right. You deserve the best of the best." It was Cat's turn to blush. Kate broke the hug and seized her phone. "Which is exactly why I'm here. I didn't come just to pay a visit to you and your brother."

Cat tilted her head. "What?"

"I know how to find Kraven," she showed Cat a picture of the man in the middle of a busy crowd. "We lost track of him when you vanished, but I made it my job to find him again, and I think I did."

"H-How?" Cat held the phone in wonder. "Why?"

"Because he almost killed two of my best friends," she raised a brow. "And I know those friends would like to get even. I heard Kurt's back on the planet."

"Jesus, y'all can't keep your mouths shut, huh?" Cat frowned.

"You should be grateful," Kate crossed her arms. "Now you don't have to make a plan. I'm glad 'cause you suck."

"That's true," Cat stared at the dark-haired girl with fondness. "I assume you also heard I'm an Avenger again?"

"Yes," she smiled. "A super like you belongs in the big leagues. So who are you recruiting?"

"You, if you're interested," she replied, handing back the phone. "Captain America, and all of those other heroes across the world I've been stalking for ages. But in order to do that, I have to get Kraven out of the way. A bunch of enhanced individuals in one place is like a candy store for him."