Settling Scores.

Kraven had to be sedated before they could take him away. Fury and Agent Ross showed up to complete the task, now that Harley was awake, he'd been able to call for backup.

"What happened?" Cat scowled as she and Kurt mended the few bruises and scratches he had. "This was unlike you, Harley, didn't you say you took precautions?"

"I did! But he was crazy fast, Cat. He killed half of my people in like a minute, knocked me out in less than a second. I don't know how you could fight him alone..."

"I wasn't alone," Cat smiled up at the others, who were explaining who Kraven was to Fury and Ross. "My team was looking after me."

When Cat spotted the black man approaching, her posture straightened out of habit, she almost blurted out a "Hi, sir." But clenched her jaw before any sound could come out. She thought he'd be mad, she'd shown up here and there doing whatever she wanted for years, but to her surprise, Fury chortled.

"If it isn't Miss I'm-no-hero!" He taunted her, the most striking part about him was that he no longer wore an eyepatch. "How's that working for you?"

Cat felt terribly self-conscious about the logo on her back. "Alright, yeah, I might've spoken too soon..."

"No shit!" He raised a brow. "Imagine my surprise when I heard that little country prince had been saved by Copycat and her team of young Avengers!"

Cat grumbled her response like an angry kid. "What's it to ya? You're not the boss anymore..."

"So you'll be the leader?" Fury pressed, his smile evaporating. "You can provide transport, weaponry, and contacts?"

Her brows furrowed. "Maybe."

"Maybe!" He let out a short, dry laugh. "Eyes up, agent!"

Cat obeyed. She groaned, scolding herself for having such a quick response. "What?"

Fury eyed her with amusement, Cat had always been impertinent, he enjoyed seeing her eat her words. The man reached to shake her hand. "I look forward to working together, Copycat."

Cat stared at his hand, she shook it firmly and spoke in a wary voice. "Yeah... I guess."

He glanced over her shoulder at Spider-man and the rest. "That your whole team?"

Cat responded with certainty this time. "No, just the Hawkeye."

"What about the rest?" Fury scowled.

"They're just my friends," she shrugged. "This concerned Nightcrawler too, so he came here to put an end to this. Spider-man's just a good guy, he likes to be helpful."

The man glanced at the other mutant. "Why is he not on your team? Heard he's good."

"He's not here to stay." Cat smiled, her eyes a little dejected as she spoke.

"Keep an eye on him either way. Do you have recruits in line?"

"A few," she nodded. "But don't meddle with that, I'll take care of 'em."

"What about the compound?"

Cat gestured at the mansion. "You're looking at it."

The man huffed, might've been a laugh, but she wasn't sure. "Is that right?"

She smirked. "If you can get someone who can make it happen, I guess it is."

Fury groaned. "Always getting me in trouble..."

"Wouldn't be me otherwise," Cat joked.

Fury said he'd look into it, he and Agent Ross left with Kraven numbed and handcuffed. Kurt approached her hesitantly. "We need to talk..."