Cat & Matthew

"Just to be clear," Foggy said. "You've always been a mutant?"

"Yes."

"Since birth?"

"Yes."

"And the Avengers raised you?"

"In a way."

Foggy looked at Matt. "You were dating an Avenger. Woah. I'm so angry at you."

"I didn't think it was relevant, Foggy," Matt grinned.

"We ran into each other at Stark Industries and none of you said anything!" He exclaimed. "But I guess you didn't trust me—"

"It's not that," Cat was quick to correct him. "I was on a mission. Not exactly safe to share stuff at that moment. I was protecting you."

"But we're friends?"

"Of course!" She reached across the table and held his hand. "If you can forgive me for not telling you who I was?"

"Are you kidding? I'm friends with an Avenger!" Matthew hushed him, so he lowered his voice. "Besides, Matt's hidden worse things from me."

"I see," she chuckled. "Don't be so hard on him, Foggy. Being what we are leaves little room for honesty."

Foggy's phone started ringing. "Marci's calling," he got up to attend to the call. "You guys close the tab and I'll pay you later, okay? Thanks a lot!"

"Wait— Foggy, I don't have dough!" Cat shouted after him.

Matt chuckled. "I got it."

She looked at him with adoration. "Look at you paying for my drinks, just like our first date."

Matt frowned. "We had dinner in my place on our first date."

She'd forgotten Matthew didn't remember their real first date. "Well, you paid for the food, so it's the same."

"This wasn't a date, so it's not," he picked up his stuff and walked towards the bar.

"I was hoping I'd trick you into thinking it was," she joked. "After all, Foggy approves of me still?"

"Foggy's biased," Matt pulled out his wallet and Cat took it from his hands, quickly handing out the money to the bartender.

"Good night, Josie!"

"Thank you, sweetheart," the woman beamed. "Good to see you again, we'd missed you around here."

"I'd missed you too," Cat handed the change to Matt and he put it all in the tip jar. 

As they were walking away, Josie spoke one last time. "He never leaves any tip when it's just him and Foggy, you know! He's trying to impress you!"

Cat laughed, and Matt shook his head in defeat. "Can't do anything around here..."

"Are you happy, Matt?"

He hummed. "Work's going well, not much to do as Daredevil at the moment, and I know you wanna about Karen."

She smiled. "You know me so well. I think she saw it coming, you know. That I'd break up with you."

"She said something like that," he opened the exit door for her, "But she called me yesterday and I told her you were back, she said she wants to see you."

"Really?"

"Is it so hard to believe?"

Cat spotted Foggy and lowered her voice. "I was mean to one of her closest friends, why would she like me still?"