Co'kat

Cat waited in silence to see what kind of creature would come out. Gracefully, two whales lifted themselves above the water's surface, and from them jumped four blueish people. They weren't any similar to Nightcrawler, though. From the opposite side, another whale dropped a much bigger and more intimidating warrior.

Okoye pierced the pavement with her spear, she took off her coat. "Take another step closer, and I will kill you all."

Cat had never seen people like this before, and her brain went into assessing mode. She examined their armor and weapons and came to the conclusion they could only breathe underwater. All of them looked agile and strong, so it'd be hard to rip off their masks.

"Drop your weapons!" An officer yelled behind the merpeople.

One of the warrior ladies spoke in Mayan, which alarmed Cat even more. She prided herself in knowing humanity's history as a whole, she'd studied them since little, and yet there was no recollection of these beings in her mind. Who were they?

The lady went towards the officers and took them down on her own. The rest of the warriors charge against them, Okoye and Cat got into fighting stands and did their best to protect Shuri and Riri but Cat would need more than just her knife, her suit was not strong enough to stop the sharp ends of their spears. 

"Stay away!" She warned them, avoiding one of the warriors' spears by mere inches.

Cat teleported and kicked the lady warrior on the back, making her fall forward. Copycat seized the spear and disarmed her. Then she hit the back of the woman's head with it. "Go before I kill you," she growled.

Okoye stabbed a warrior in his middle and pushed him to the ground, when she walked up to the bigger warrior, Cat joined her. The broad man spoke to his companions, and they got up and stepped back.

"Didn't you just impaled that one?" Cat asked in a trembling voice.

"I did," Okoye said with wide eyes.

"So they're immortal," Cat lifted the spear, "great." The man stared at the weapon she was holding. "What, you don't like me using your toys?" She aimed the weapon at him. "Come and take it."

Okoye attacked him first, but he threw her aside easily. Cat teleported and stabbed him in the back, just trying to distract him. He turned around and tried to slice her in half, Cat dodged him and tried to trip him, but he barely moved.

"You don't fight with honor," he said. "You're not a worthy opponent."

To her surprise, he turned his back on her.

"That... hurt," Cat mumbled.

The man kicked Okoye's spear back to the woman, he was inviting her to resume their fight. Copycat wanted to help, but the man's words had shaken something within her. He'd refused to fight her cause she'd stabbed him in the back with no warning...

The man disarmed Okoye a second time with almost no effort, he'd dislocated her arm. When Okoye got to her feet, Cat closed her eyes and tried access to their knowledge without having to turn completely into them.

"What's taking so long? This is no time for games!"

Cat gave a start, the blue woman threw a water bomb in the warrior's direction, he tossed it into Okoye's direction, and Okoye sliced it in half. The water threw her over the edge of the bridge right into the water, Cat got the full blast too, but she wasn't close enough to be thrown out of the bridge. Shuri gasped behind her, and she remembered she was supposed to be protecting her.

"Princess..." Cat gave a step toward the girls. A spear got in her way, and she hissed at it. The mutant switched to their language. "Get that thing away, or I'll kill you with it."