Aunt May.

Cat woke up on Parker's bed, even though she remembered falling asleep on the couch. She sat groggily and pushed her curls away from her eyes. Peter was in the shower, so her anxiety didn't blow up right away, her hearing was way better than the day prior.

Something itched on her neck and she reached to scratch it, then winced when she came into contact with the tender skin, but at least the blisters had vanished. Memories of the last couple of months forced her back onto the bed, and once again she stared at the ceiling not knowing what to do.

She was completely safe for the first time ever, she could go out looking like Copycat and no one would try to hurt her. Best of all, she had a Peter Parker to keep her company. The distance between her and her universe (and the dangers that lived within it) lifted her spirits.

Parker walked out of the bathroom with a towel around his neck, he had a dark blue hoodie on and a pair of worn-out jeans. The cut on his hand was looking better, but it was still red and a little swollen.

"You patrolled last night," she stated.

He stopped in shock. "Did I wake you?"

"No, but I can smell it," she vaguely pointed at the suit under his clothes. "You still don't wash that thing. Where are you going?"

"School," he said. "And I'm late. I'm sorry, I really wish I could stay but it's not like I can pause my whole life— But don't worry, I won't leave you alone."

Cat hesitated. "You're not taking me to school?"

"No, of course not," he grabbed his backpack from the couch and started to collect several items from around the apartment. "I called May. She helps at a welfare organization, and they're looking for volunteers. I told her my friend Janie was visiting and she was interested, so you'll stay there until I finish my day."

Cat's heart did a summersault. "I'm meeting your aunt?"

He gave her an annoyed look. "Why is she getting that reaction when I got stabbed?"

"Because every May that's ever existed is probably the sweetest woman in every universe," she retorted. "And I didn't stab you that badly. I stabbed my Peter in the rib and he barely complained!"

"We'll go back to what you just said in a moment," he raised a brow, Parker grabbed a square bandaid from the kit on his coffee table and put it over his wound. "But there are a few things we need to clarify first."

"What things?"

"Your story."

Cat made a face. "She'll want to know about me..."

"There's a way to keep it simple."

"I'm listening."

Parker sat at the foot of the bed. "You're Jane M. Maximoff, born in Sokovia but left early in life. You've lived here and there with an eccentric uncle but he died last year, and you were left on the streets because you used all of your money trying to save him—"

"And I'm here because..?"

"I invited you over and you accepted to come."

"I'm poorer than you are."

"Why do I feel that's coming out with disdain?" He frowned.

"Well, not towards you," she said. "I just don't know if your aunt will believe that. How would you even afford to look after me?"

"Oh this is very on brand for us Parkers, don't worry about it," he brushed it aside, getting up and hanging his towel where the small window let a bit of sunlight hit. "If anything, she'll be super proud 'cause I took in a friend in need, she'll try her best to help us out."