Chapter 1

It was yet another day of working at a local convenient store that my parents ran. I still dreaded the idea of seeing my parents work so hard, after paying for my studies and getting me through school. However, due to my financial status it became difficult for me to actually put that degree to great use. On the other hand, I didn't mind helping my parents around the store and at home as well. Even if, it was something that they both didn't want neither did I.

My mother was busy in the kitchen preparing our breakfast as my father was sitting in the living room watching the news. My mother was a stay-at-home wife until she decided to help out with the store since my father had to pick up another job as a business man. However, he doesn't make enough money to support me as a doctor since he works in a lower department. Then, my little sister attends grade school, which I must look after her as my mother and father goes off to work. I helped my mother set the table with varies of plates of food, while my little sister came downstairs and sat down at the table. I wanted her the utensils as my mother went into the living room to drag my father to the table for breakfast before work.

"Mother! I have a school fair that I would like to attend." she said pulling the paper out of her small bag.

"I don't know, you know how things are around here financially." mother said.

"But- you guys paid for Boss's classes, so why can't I participate in the school's fair?" she asked

"Because, he is your older brother and he wanted to be a doctor and we happily supported him. Which is something we hope to do with you once you graduate from High school." mother said

"That's not fair! You supported him because he is the oldest, how is that fair to me?" she yelled.

"Enough! Your brother worked hard to get his degree in the medical field, which unfortunately he didn't get any opportunities to any hospitals. However, we don't regret spending our money to support his education. After all, he is your older brother so you must understand and support that." Father said.

"If things go well after this week, then maybe you can be able to attend the school's fair." Mother said.

"Pam, I don't mind supporting you when it comes to your school's fair. " I said.

"You don't? How are you going to get the money?" she questioned?

"Don't worry!" I said smiling.

During the end of breakfast, my father went back to watching his program. Me and my little sister, Pam helped my mother in the kitchen cleaning up the table and watching the dishes. As were helping with the chores, my father kept yelling at the tv as they showed the latest rises and falls of the stock market. We quickly glanced over to the tv screen in utter shock as my father was upset. But we couldn't understand why he was all of a sudden upset about the stock market. However, we soon realized that he was upset with the Tangwai corporation who funded and owned most of the hospitals in all of Thailand even leading into Korea.

Apparently, my father Four years ago had a terminal illness that resulted him into going to the hospital. It ended up resulting him into having a serious surgery in order to get better, however we couldn't pay off the hospital bill. Since, my mother was a housewife at the time and my father had to be on a leave of absent due to the illness so he couldn't work. Then, I was on my last year of college so I couldn't help since my mother didn't tell me. Which I knew that she didn't want to disturb me while I was studying. However, I don't think that we expected to be charged so much money, which led us to be thousands of Baht in debt. While families have been struggling with paying off their debts for their loved ones whether deceased or alive. The Tangwai corporation has been thriving off the backs of poor people and those of the deceased. As their stocks had gone up, they were doing a press conference. The head of the Tangwai corporation gave such a cold speech that somehow stuck in my head. As my parents and I glanced in anger, my sister Pam made a remark of the situation not being that big of a deal. Furthermore, that his son the second son of the chairman was handsome. Which me and my parents glanced at her with such a dark stare. I walked over to her, pinched her, and pushed her out of the door for school as her school mates her waiting in front of the gate for her.